Sunday, May 19, 2013

True Love Stories Have No Ending

It has been 2 months since my best friend returned home. Not a day has passed that I haven't thought of him or felt the pang of longing and the empty ache thatnow has taken residence in my arms. I miss my best friend, and I will never NOT miss him. However, I have not let my grief consume me (though there are days I feel it would be easier). Instead, I use the longing, aching, missing to motivate me to live my life in a way that will allow me to see him again.
I can't wait for that joyous reunion, how glorious and beautiful it will be. Until my mission on this life is complete though, I want to make sure I Spend it becoming the choice daughter our kind Heavenly Father knows I can be, the kind of woman and eternal companion my sweetheart deserves. Every day brings growth and new opportunities for learning and stretching. Every day there is service to be done, lives to be touched, and seeds to be planted. Every day, I choose smile over tears, for I know that smile might be the small act of service another person might need.
At night though, that is when tears fall. That is when the loneliness is most prevalent. It is in the silence of night that my mind wanders, remembers, and prays. It is also in those quiet moments that the spirit whispers truths and speaks peace to my aching soul and broken heart.
This past week, I was able to witness 2 sealings. First my sweetheart's step-sister was sealed to her husband and 3 beautiful children. 6 days later, I was able to watch as Jordon's step-brother married his sweetheart for time and all eternity. 2 incredible reminders that family can be forever. 2 tender moments that reminded me I am sealed to my sweetheart for all ETERNITY! Our separation is brief, but a small moment. And while I still ache, and miss him more than any one can imagine, it is okay. All is Well.
Yes, tears will still fall, and they will probably fall until I am an old, wrinkled lady. And that is okay. I hope they never stop falling, for they are a sign of great love and remembrance. They are a testament to the incredible love story my sweetheart and I authored together in our lives. I am so grateful to know that our true love story has no ending...

No comments: