Well, here we are again, almost 2 months between posts. We have just been enjoying Mother Nature's surprise weather. We are ready for nice Spring weather: not too hot, a few showers here and there (rain, NOT snow) and 70 degrees or so.... Ah, only a dream for now.
On to some great news. Jordon had an MRI and doctor appointment last week. Drum roll please........... Jordon's MRI came back clear again. No more leaky blood vessels! In fact, this MRI was even better looking than back in November when they said Jordon could have a break from chemo. Alas, no break from chemo this time around. Even though things looked so utterly fabulous, they want to be cautious and keep Jordon on the chemo. Every 3 weeks....
Even though Jordon is still on chemo,we are optimistic. We know it is because of the faith and prayers of so many of our friends and family. So thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. We want him to be off chemo, but we both know there is a reason he needs to still be on chemo. We feel like there is someone we need to meet, and the only way we can meet that person/people is through chemo and the Huntsman. We ask that your prayers might include help in finding the person and inspiration in knowing what we need to say when we meet that person.
Other exciting news is that Jordon starts his Radiation Technician program in May. He felt like Rad tech was a better option than vet tech because he is in a more controlled environment (doesn't have to worry about the heat and cold as much). It is also a safer option for Ezme (less likely to have Ezme exposed to dangerous animal illnesses).
Finally, Jordon and I have recently discovered a new passion: Couponing. It is amazing what you can get for free or dirt cheap. Even though we have only been doing it for 3-4 weeks now, we have noticed a huge improvement to our budget. We were careful with our means before couponing, but now it's like we are on whole new level. Because of what we have been able to get for free/cheap, we were able to donate several items to the local women's shelter. Here are just some of the things we have been able to get. I think out of pocket, we paid less than $25 for all of these items (doesn't include food items or items we have donated).
3 comments:
YEAH for Jordon!!! Also, I'm totally jealous of yoru couponing. I really want to get into it. Vernal just doesn't have all the great options (like Albertsons). I try, I try but NOTHING like you do! Way to go.
wowza
you need to tell me how to do that!
Congrats to you both about Jordan's good news.
I've been dying to know how to coupon better. I've done it a few times and saved definitely. But I always end up finding coupons for stuff I don't use and can't find them for things I do use. Then my money disappears and I still need the other stuff. I'd love to do it like the ladies on the TLC show
Extrememe Couponing. Yes, I wouldn't mind saving $900 a whack.
Post a Comment