Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Since we've been hitched,
...Look what We've been through...
In 3 short years, and many tears
We've had our joys and our fears.
You stuck with me through cancer,
And Brain Surgery too
You smiled and laughed
When you discovered I had forgotten you!
(Removing half a brain can do that to a person)
You are my sweetheart
My love bug, my love true!
This Valentine's I wanted to Thank you!
Violets are Blue
Since we've been hitched,
...Look what We've been through...
In 3 short years, and many tears
We've had our joys and our fears.
You stuck with me through cancer,
And Brain Surgery too
You smiled and laughed
When you discovered I had forgotten you!
(Removing half a brain can do that to a person)
You are my sweetheart
My love bug, my love true!
This Valentine's I wanted to Thank you!
Happy Valentines!
I started crying and my fun coworker started crying. Talk about too sweet. Jordon had submit that sweet Valentine on the KOSY 106.5 website for a chance to have his Valentine (me) win a visit from the knight. I just floated on cloud nine the rest of the day.
That night, Jordon had an MRI. I know. I know. What a great way to spend Valentine's night. Anyway, the next day, Jordon met with his oncologist, Dr. Howard Coleman. Well, he actually met with one of the other doctor's first. We both really like this doctor, Eric (and for the life of me, I can NEVER remember his last name). Dr. Eric asked Jordon how he was feeling, then went through the typical neuro exam. He said the MRI's looked really good, if not better then the previous MRI. Then asked how we would feel about Jordon going to MRI's every 3 to 4 months instead of every 2. Spacing your MRI's out always means good news.
Dr. Eric left to get Dr. Coleman. In walks Dr. Coleman and some different news. Dr. Coleman asked how Jordon was feeling since he has been off the Avastin. Jordon said he felt better and had more energy. Then Dr. Coleman went over the MRI results. Jordon has 2 MRI's: one without contrast (the FLAIR) and one with contrast. The FLAIR MRI looked awesome. Then he used that word. You know, that ONE WORD that always comes after a compliment or good news that dampens the mood. You all know what word I am talking about: BUT. I use it, but I hate it.
Back to MRI mode. Dr. Coleman said the FLAIR looked good, if not better than his last MRI, BUT the contrast MRI showed speckling. When I hear that word I think of Easter eggs, or modern art, not an MRI. Regardless of my opinions, Jordon's MRI showed some speckling. Both Dr. Coleman and Dr. Eric explained that there was a small area (the same area the pain-in-the-butt pea sized whatever was located) that had speckling, and that speckling could just be leaky blood vessels from all the trauma that Jordon's brain has gone through. They weren't sure though and it is better to be safe than sorry, so Dr. Coleman said Jordon would go back on Avastin. He would have infusions every 3 weeks and keep the MRI's every 6 weeks.
When we stopped by the infusion room to visit Jordon's favorite nurse's and give them the news (and drop off some of Jordon's amazing cookies), there were a few teary eyes. Everyone there loves Jordon, but they were hoping he wouldn't ever have to go back. Jordon had his first infusion on Friday, and so far he is doing okay. He is really tired, but hanging in there. Hopefully this won't last long.
Jordon and I are both frustrated, because we feel like we are going back to limbo-ville, stucks-ville (yes, that is STUCKS, not SUCKS :o) ), or whatever. We know there is a reason for this though. It is in the Lord's hands. He is in control and knows what we need and what those around us need. Jordon is so very special and our sweet Heavenly Father has plans for us. We just need to have faith and trust. We will be patient and make the most of this time and allow the Lord to bless our lives with this trial. We love you all and will keep you posted with any new news.
Oh, one more thing I forgot! Thursday, Jordon and I went to the ballet (with Ezme in tow). We saw Ballet West's "Sleeping Beauty". These tickets were in the gift basket from the knight. Overall it was incredible and Jordon loved the subtle humor (who knew ballet could be funny). Ezme wasn't so sure about the music (it got a little too loud), but she did great.
Now for you the enjoy some pictures our my BEAUTIFUL roses and see all the amazing things in the gift basket: mixed box of chocolates, 2 chocolate hearts with our names on them, tickets to the ballet, tickets to Boyz II Men, a gift certificate to the spa, a gift certificate to Rodizio Grill (YUM), Mannheim Steamroller CD, and a platinum dipped rose.
5 comments:
WOW!!! You deserved that and so much more. Jordon I'm completely impressed with your poetry and romance skills. :) We will keep you in our prayers. As always you have an amazing attitude and are right, it's in the Lord's hands. We love you.
I just came across your blog. You and your husband are an inspiration to me. You both have been through so much. I will be praying for you and him.
Jordon... your poem brought tears to my eyes!!! You are such a special person and brother to me! I look up to you and Wendi and admire your positive attitude with what you both have gone through!! We need to do dinner or something soon!! I love you guys!
we will keep you both in our prayers!!! love ya!
That is an AMAZING gift basket and you definitely deserved it!!
Congrats on winning and the poem is so sweet. I love your positive attitude. Take care...
Post a Comment