Well, life has been busy (as usual). Last month, a friend of our gave Jordon a bike to use because the oncologist wanted him getting out a little more. We had searched for a used bike that was cheap, but tall enough for Jordon and we could not find one anywhere. Jordon gave his friend Skip a call to see if he might have any ideas: we struck gold! A few days later we had a bike for Jordon, and not just any bike a tall, PINK Schwinn. Jordon loves riding, and he gets a lot of head turns when people see him coming on his PINK bike. I want to get him a bike plate or sticker that says "Real men ride pink bikes". See, now you know why I said you have to use your imagination.
Now on to Tinkerbell and potty chairs. My cute little niece (Macadey) is in the process of potty training. She has had a rough go of it, until my sister came up with an idea. Mac loves Tinkerbell, so as a reward, Mac gets to call Tinkerbell every time she goes potty. Low and behold, I became Tinkerbell. Mac is now clean and dry 99% of the time and loves talking to Tinkerbell. I must admit, every time they call for Tinkerbell, I use a really high voice and say "This is Tinkerbell" and then I proceed to talk about how proud I am and to keep up the good work and yaddi yaddi yadda. I have gotten a few head turns too (like when I am in the store, at work, etc...)
A few weeks ago, we were able to go to Vernal with Steph, Justin and the kids because Shelby was going through the temple. Austin has become my little buddy. I love it becasue he calls me "Manny" and Jordon is "No-nun". It was great seeing the family. Vanessa's little girl Kaybree is an adorable handful, with her blond hair and cheesy little grin. "Sigh" We just love being around family. Last weekend we also got to be around family again because Jacob turned 1. Wow it has been a year already. Happy birthday Jacob!!! Oh, I forgot, I do have pictures from my camera phone (a marvelous invention). Here is a picture of Shayley in a bumbo chair:
I almost forgot to tell Leonee welcome home. My little sister was working in Alaska over the summer. She was offered a teaching job back here in Utah on Thursday and had to be back Saturday morning. Talk about a whirlwind of events for her. We are excited to have you back sis! Good luck teaching!!! Here is another camera phone picture of one of the souveneirs she brought back:
And may I have a drum roll please. Now for the news that so many of you have been waiting for: Jordon update! Jordon had another MRI yesterday as well as an appointment with the doctor. Jordon's tumor is stable. It has not changed since the last scan, so we are happy because it is NOT growing. We still don't know how much longer Jordon will have to be on chemo, but they have schedule the appointments out until the end of the year, so we are assuming he will continue with treatments for a good while. We thank you all for keeping him in your prayers. I know Jordon is doing as well as he is because of your faith and prayers!
Other than that, life is still life. I am spending a lot of my free time crocheting. In fact, 2 weeks ago, I was working on an multi-colored crochet ABC blanket. I will have to post a picture of it. Anyway, one of the nurses commented on how much she loved it and she asked if I sell any of the blankets I made. I told her yes, and a patient in the chair across from Jordon got really excited and asked if she could pay me to make a custom name baby blanket. I think it turned out really cute. Here are some pictures of it. If you can't tell, the baby's name is Charlie going diagonally.



Well, I think that is all. We love you all and hope all is well with you!
6 comments:
So good to hear that things are going well for you guys! LOVE the blanket btw! You're about a milluion times more domestic than I'll ever hope to be!
The blanket is beautiful-good job! I'm so glad to hear Jordon's tumor is stable; that's wonderful. I really can't wait for you to post pictures of Jordon on his pink bike; that's awesome.
Oh how I do wish there were more pictures!! I would love to see this pink bike.
AWESOME JOB on the crocheting. And hooray for a little talent that brings in some moolah!
Wait a sec--Did I miss the part about Vernal? I'll have to go re-read.
Found it. :) Maybe I was just assuming there should be a pic of the temple or something... ha! P.S. I love that you're Tinkerbell. That's a brilliant idea; props to your sis!
The blanket turned out great! That is a bummer that you don't have your camera because I would love to see Jordon on the bike. I really like your plate idea. :) That is great news that the tumor isn't growing. I know Heavenly Father will continue to bless you both. It has been so fun to see you lately.. I feel like we can't get enough of you, so please feel free to call or come by any time!
Love ya!
I'm SO glad to hear about Jordon. And I WANT to see pictures of the bike really bad. That would be a sight! I wish we could have seen you in Vernal. I know-life is BUSY. Glad things are going well. We love you guys!
Post a Comment