Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy July Everyone!

Alas, it has been yet another month since our last post. I was debating on how often I should post but couldn't come to a decision, so I turn this to you, our friends and family. Do our auspicious readers enjoy shorter more frequent posts, or longer more novel-esk posts? Leave a comment and let us know :)

Now onto the goings-on in our lives. Life has been going on and happening, like all lives do. I was able to finally find a job with the church. It is a night-time custodial job that allows me to be home with Jordon during the day and to take him to his chemo and doctor's appointments. I love the people I work with and I like the job too. You are constantly on the move, stretching, bending, doing the wax on - wax off move from the Karate kid, and it is almost like I am getting paid to exercise. :)

I have also decided to go back to school to be a nurse. I think I want to focus on pediatric oncology nursing. Hopefully I will start classes the end of next month. My experiences with Jordon had taught me that a good nurse makes all the difference in the world.

Now on to something, or rather someone, near and dear to my heart: my Father. We spent Father's Day with my family and had dinner and just enjoyed one another's company. I have so many thoughts, so many memories that rush through my head every time I think of my dad and I must admit that without fail, a tear comes to my eyes as I think about my dad. My father is an amazing man, and though he is not perfect, he is my hero. Currently he is battling advanced renal cell carcinoma mets. The cancer fight is not easy, as I have seen with Jordon, but the courage and enduring spirit that emanates from the two most important men in my life as they go through their cancer battles astound me. I am grateful for the lessons that my dad teaches me daily.


Here is "Papa" with a few of his cute grandkids

Jordon and I have also been busy babysitting various neices and nephews. They are all adorable, but they only get cuter when they fall asleep. Here are a few pics of our nephew Jaxon. He is 1 1/2 and too cute for words.

I guess lunch wore him out


Jordon and Jaxon are cute nap buddies. Jordon has this uncanny power with the neices and nephews. Without fail, Jordon snuggles and the kiddles fall asleep.

Jordon and I also attended my family reunion. It was great seeing family (for those of you who couldn't make it, we really missed you!). Funny story about the reunion. My family does an auction each year to help pay for the reunion the following year. Anyway, this year, Jaxon learned how to bid. On several items, he kept raising his hand and saying "3" or "5" . The funny thing is that he didn't bid every time, only on items that caught his eye. His parent's are now the proud owners of a lot of $3 and $5 items, all thanks to Jaxon. By the way, Jordon bid on a great necklace/earring set that my cousin made. Jody I LOVE your jewelry!!!

We also had a great 4th of July. We went swimming at our complex pool (with the family of course) and then we had a yummy homemade dinner at my brother's house. We decided to watch the fireworks from our balcony. We have a great view of the valley and we saw 4 or 5 different city's firework shows. We didn't miss out on the boom and lights overhead though. We had several different neighborhood illegal fireworks shows. We were surrounded!!! It was fun and we didn't have to deal with traffic!

Well, I think that about wraps it up. Oh, I forgot to give a Jordon update: Jordon is doing well, just enjoying a break from school (it starts up again in less than 2 weeks!). I am soooooo proud of him. He got A's in his classes! It is hard work, especially for Jordon, but he is doing so well with school and he loves working with the animals! He has an MRI and doctor's appointment on the 29th. We will let you know how that goes!!!! Happy Thursday to all!

5 comments:

The Mathesons said...

Hm, well Wendi Bird, I like the more frequent posts. It's fun! Glad you guys are doing great!

Candace and Brian said...

So glad to hear from you. I personally miss you when I don't hear. Sounds like things are going well!

*Aliese* said...

I enjoy shorter, more frequent posts as well. :) Glad you enjoyed your family reunion-those are always fabulous! You should post a pic of your jewelry; I'm intrigued.

BECKY said...

I like whatever you give us... as long as you keep us updated! Hooray for summer and your job and Jordon's A's!

Trina said...

Frequent-short. Definitely. Or frequent-book as long as it's frequent. I love your family. And I've always been a big fan of your dad too.