Jordon is still enjoying horseback riding. He even got to compete in a barrel race (at a trot) and he came it second (technically he should have had first but we won't go into that one).
May was a great month for us. We were able to go to Island Park for Memorial Day weekend. It was nice to get away and enjoy time with my sister and her family. Here are some pictures below. Can I just tell you how cute Jordon is with the kids. It helps that the kids are just adorable too. :)
Since our last post, I also had my wisdom teeth out. Sorry no pictures. But I did look like a chipmunk. The chipmunk cheeks gave way to large bruises that made my face look like a paintball gun target. I still have gaping holes, but I am slowly on my way back to eating normal foods!!! As a side note, the Dr. told me that my extraction was the most complicated he has ever done (the roots were rapped around the nerve). I am soooo glad to finally have them out!
Our calling has also been keeping us crazy busy. It is difficult trying to round up 75+ volunteers and then another 16+ last minute replacements to help with the open house. Our first service day at the open house was amazing though. Jordon and I pulled triple shifts. I wouldn't recommend anyone else try that, whew! Talk about tiring. Jordon did security, Audio visual and a little ushering. After the first shift, he was worn out, so they commandeered the medic cot for Jordon to take a nap (which really helped).
I did ushering during all three shifts. First shift I was stationed on the Sealing Room floor. It was so peaceful and beautiful inside the temple! The shift was 4 hours long, and I was positioned right by the sign explaining the significance of the sealing rooms (that a bride a groom kneeled across the altar and were married not only for this life, but eternity). I must have read that sign a hundred times during that shift, but each time I did, the spirit witnessed the truth. I am so grateful that no matter what happens in this life, no matter what happens with Jordon, we will be together forever! Thinking about it now I still tear up. It is a beautiful temple, if you can, try and make it to the open house.
Jordon also had an MRI, doctor appointment, and chemo. The MRI showed that his tumor is stable. That is great news, considering Jordon is only on 1 chemo now. The doctor is still impressed with how well Jordon is doing, although, he keeps losing weight. It is something they are going to keep an eye on, but nothing to worry about now.
Well, that is all for now (I think). We love you all and hope you are all doing well! Have a great week!!!
5 comments:
Thank you for the update. I constantlky wonder about you guys. It sounds like you are keeping busy and happy. I want to come out to that temple. What a blessing it is you guys are serving. We love you!
What a great experience for the two of you! And hard work. That's so cool. We're thrilled Jordan's tumor is stable. Sounds like things are going well. We love you!
My goodness, you're busy! Congrats to Jordon for winning second in his barrel race; that's awesome. Your temple church calling sounds like a phenomenal opportunity! What neat experiences you'll get to have for the next few weeks.
Hooray for a new post! I love that you stood by the sealing room! What a wonderful place to be remembering what you did in a similar room almost a couple years ago. Way to go on a triple shift. Phew. Keep on keepin' on!
What an awesome experience. I have to tell you a quick story. Last summer, our family went through the Twin Falls open house. When we got into the sealing room I had my family look into the mirrors to see us together forever. My boys the jokesters that they are, quietly sang "Forever is a long long time" from Star Child. Actually though, the experience was so good for the kids, they are very excited to get married in the temple because of the beautiful spirit as well as the physical beauty of it.
Post a Comment