Well I haven't written in awhile (again), but life has been kind of mellow. However, my husband hit a milestone: A quarter of a century old!!!! That is right, Jordon had a birthday. It is funny because our younger friends called him an old geezer and our older friends and family called him a spring chicken. Funny how perspectives can change.
For my dear amazing sweetheart's birthday, I took him on a scavenger hunt of various activities. He expected the horseback riding, but he wasn't planning on the rest of the day, which included lunch at the restaurant where we first met, visiting a few of our favorite places (and stores) and then we saw Monsters vs. Aliens (he had been wanting to see it) and then I told him we were going to go eat dinner at a place with a great view. He thought we were going to go downtown and eat but I actually had my sister make his favorite dinner and we ate at her house (it has a great view of the valley).
The night before his birthday, I got up after he had fallen asleep and stayed up until 2:00 decorating our apartment with streamers, balloons and funny signs. I mean they were everywhere: in the bathroom, in the fridge and cupboards when he opened it up, ALL OVER :). I must admit I really enjoyed surprising him. :)
Jordon also started a new semester of school. For his Intro to Vet tech class, he had to write a paper on why he wanted to be a vet tech. He started it: "I want to become a veterinary technician because my wife thinks I look sexy in scrubs"... When I read his paper I laughed so hard, and then I read the rest of his paper. He want on to write his real reason for wanting to become a vet tech: he wants to help sick and injured animals and give then a second chance at life (similar to how he has been given a second chance at life with his cancer).
Well I am not sure what else i should add so I will close there. Have a great week!!!
For my dear amazing sweetheart's birthday, I took him on a scavenger hunt of various activities. He expected the horseback riding, but he wasn't planning on the rest of the day, which included lunch at the restaurant where we first met, visiting a few of our favorite places (and stores) and then we saw Monsters vs. Aliens (he had been wanting to see it) and then I told him we were going to go eat dinner at a place with a great view. He thought we were going to go downtown and eat but I actually had my sister make his favorite dinner and we ate at her house (it has a great view of the valley).
The night before his birthday, I got up after he had fallen asleep and stayed up until 2:00 decorating our apartment with streamers, balloons and funny signs. I mean they were everywhere: in the bathroom, in the fridge and cupboards when he opened it up, ALL OVER :). I must admit I really enjoyed surprising him. :)
Jordon also started a new semester of school. For his Intro to Vet tech class, he had to write a paper on why he wanted to be a vet tech. He started it: "I want to become a veterinary technician because my wife thinks I look sexy in scrubs"... When I read his paper I laughed so hard, and then I read the rest of his paper. He want on to write his real reason for wanting to become a vet tech: he wants to help sick and injured animals and give then a second chance at life (similar to how he has been given a second chance at life with his cancer).
Well I am not sure what else i should add so I will close there. Have a great week!!!
3 comments:
Oh no!!!! I missed it. I'm SO sorry. Happy belated birthday Jordon. It sounds like Wendi you made it amazing as always.
LoL I love Jordon's paper! Way to make it personal. I also love your idea of a scavenger hunt for his birthday; how creative are you?! I may have to copy you one of these days...
Wow you are amazing Wendi! Thank you for making Jordon's birthday such a great day for him. Thanks again for coming over on Easter and all of your help! Love ya and see you soon!
Post a Comment