Sunday, January 18, 2009

Two Riddles

have two palindrome riddles my little sister could use help on. We could not for the life of us come up with the answer to either. Here they are:

1. Mr. James studied the movement of the ocean currents so he could publish the info in the newspaper. When the copy editor proofread the report, he said he was doing a ___ ___.

2. Two brothers were throwing acorns at each other. When one hit Otto in the forehead, it hurt so much that he momentarily lost his memory. Don't do that anymore, he shouted those ____ ___.

Now that we have that taken care of, on to an update about the goings-on in our lives. Jordon's had his blood drawn on Tuesday and they decided to go ahead and give him his chemo treatment on Friday. Even though the counts were up slightly and the doctor gave the go ahead, Jordon's favorite nurse was a little concerned because his immune systems in still so low and the death in a bag would only knock it down even more. Jordon gets to continue wearing the mask whenever he is out and about.

His other counts were a little low too, and so Jordon gets worn out very easily, but I am still amazed at how feisty he is and he has such a good sense of humor. He always makes the Infusion Room nurses smile and they always light up with huge smiles when they see Jordon coming (I think he is one of their favorite patients!)

His treatment went well, and we didn't have to deal with the burning in the veins thanks to the PORT!!!! If you ever have to have multiple IVs over a time span, a port is definitely the way to go. Jordon also felt pretty good the day after the death in a bag which is amazing. It usually makes him sick over the weekend, but yesterday he felt good enough to ride, and even though he is starting to feel the effects a little more today (fatigue and a little nausea) he is still handling it surprisingly well!

Sorry it was so quick and short. We will update more later, and we will let you know the results of Jordon's MRI and Dr. Appointment on Thursday (I think I failed to mention that he had appointment;), MRI, Dr. Appointment and chemo all this Thursday).

8 comments:

Briana said...

I don't like the name, death in a bag :) They should call it something else. Sounds like you guys are still busy. How are you liking your new home? Love you both. It was so great seeing you at Christmas!

Evelyn said...

ok i have been racking my brain on the riddles and its driving me crazy!!!!! I looked for the answer for an hour good luck i give up lol

Scott and Courtney said...

Answers:

1. tide edit
2. nuts stun

Hope everything else goes well!!

Candace and Brian said...

Thank you for all the updates. It really helps us feel more connected and know specifically what to be praying for. We love you guys!

Kelli M. Stowers said...

Well, I was going to post the answer for the first one, but I guess someone beat me to it. Hope all is well :) --- Kelli Stowers

Anonymous said...

Keep us updated Wendi, I like knowing what's going on. I'm glad he was able to handle his treatment fairly well, that's great. I hope you had a wonderful holiday.

Morgan Family said...

It was so fun to be able to see you both at Chelsea's. We are continually praying that things will get better and I am optimistic about his next MRI. Love you both!

LittleBrownFamily said...

I know I'm way late on tis, but I haven;'t had a chance to read the blog in a long time. Here are the riddle answers that I came up with.
1) current piece (current as in ocean currents or as in new and happening)
2) Otto-matically

I may be wrong...I don't get the answers provided already. One seems to partially fit... :)
I miss you and want to talk with you...call me. 630-802-7373
~Mary