I never realized how much I enjoyed reading the comments after each post. I think it makes me feel connected to friends and family who are far away or those I don't see that often. It has been such a long time since the last post and a lot has happened.
We celebrated my Dad's birthday! It was wonderful spending time with family. My brother and his family came into town. We haven't seen them in almost a year and my how Hunter and Kimbre have grown!
On the 23rd of December, Jordon's platelets were up so he was able to get his Avastin treatment. Christmas Eve we set off for Myton to spend Christmas with Jordon's family. We had a wonderful time in Myton. The house was packed full and we loved every minute of it. Christmas morning was crazy and hectic, but as I sat back and watched everyone interact I realized how precious those moments were.
I know people will get sick of me saying this, but I will say it again. This Christmas, the best present was my wonderfully sweet husband who shows me what endurance and faith are all about. Every day he amazes me. No matter how sick or crappy he feels, he always makes sure that I am taken care of. It was a stark contrast to last Christmas, spent in the hospital with Jordon having seizures every 45 minutes or so (although Jordon's teddy bear strip-tease is something I will never forget). Jordon and I have truly been blessed and my sweet husband is my Christmas miracle.
Friday after Christmas, we went bowling with the Mott cousins. It was great seeing the family, Lynises kids are getting so big and Candace's baby is adorable. After bowling, the family went to Grandma Lent's for dinner. We had yummy taco soup and played a crazy game of hand and foot. Hand and foot is a crazy card game that is tradition in Jordon's family and though I didn't quite get the hang of it, I can't wait to play again. While at Grandma's, we were watching the news and who other than my sister appeared on screen, bundled up and snow-shovel in hand. (Jordon and I returned to West Jordon only to find 16 inches of snow covering Jordon's truck).
We were able to spend a few days with Jordon's dad and step-mom, including New Year's Eve. After spending some time at their house, we made our way to my sister's house were we played Mario Kart until 2 AM!!! Crazy!!!!
It was hard to return to work after almost 2 weeks of vacation. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, and co-workers, but I really really enjoyed time off. Jordon's vacation was also over. He started school!!!! My husband is a college man! So far, so good.
We also celebrated several birthdays this past week. More happy family times!!! I hit a milestone: A quarter of a century, 25!!!! Eek, time is flying by! It seems like I was sixteen just yesterday! Oh well, that is life!!!! By the way, thank you to all for your warm birthday wishes. I feel so very loved. I have the best family and in-laws in the world.
Today, Jordon was supposed to have another chemotherapy appointment, but his white blood count was too low and the granulocytes (the back up army to the white blood cells were also too low). Jordon is extremely susceptible to illness right now. His immune system is sooooo low. We found out that Jordon's Death-in-a-bag treatment is the hardest chemotherapy in the world on the bones process of producing platelets and white and red blood cells. They want to check next week and try doing his treatment then.
We have felt the pinch of the tightening economy, but today it really hit home as my wonderful little company had to make a cut back. I know what you might be thinking, and no, it was not me, but it is still hard. Since we are such a small company, each employee feels like a family member, and the loss is hard but necessary. (By the way, if you know of anyone that needs computer training, I know an amazing place to go-a shameless pitch for The MindCenter, but hey, I love this company like I owned it ;o)).
Well, that is about all I can think of for now. We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. We love you all. Thank you to all the special people in our lives who make every day wonderful and special!!!



8 comments:
Wendi,
You and Jordan are amazing pillars of strength. We miss you greatly in our ward but know that your new ward is so blessed to have the two of you there. Stay strong and keep in touch.
Lizzy Nuttall
Wendi, I could NEVER get sick of you talking about how wonderful your husband is and what a miracle he is! Having had numerous family members with cancer, I'm well-aware of the Lord's blessings and tender mercies. :) I'm so glad you had a fabulous holiday and that Jordon has been able to return to school; that's definitely fantastic!
So glad to hear from you. I too miss when people don't post. I'm so grateful for blogs. It looks like you had a great BUSY holiday season. I was so glad to see you for a few hours. Jordon looks great and it never gets old hearing you talk about how grateful you are for hime. Hope things keep going well. See you soon!
We LOVE the game hand and foot!! My family plays it a lot, too!!I hope you had a great birthday, and I'm glad to hear your wonderful husband is doing well!!
What a marvelous post! Hooray for the holidays! I'm glad to hear you guys had so much fun. You got some great pictures of the kids with their toys!
Good luck to Jordon... I can't even imagine this death in a bag stuff.
Oh and what's the teddy bear strip thing about??
Wow you both have been busy. It was so fun to see you for Christmas and at Café Rio. That is so great that Jordon is doing school. We all need to get together soon. Love ya!
I tag you Jordon go to my blog and read more
Do Hunter and Kimbre belong to Kayle? Hunter looks just like him! I really miss your mom and dad. Please tell them hi for me. Thanks for the Christmas card and newsletter.
Post a Comment