Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy ??? Anniversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of Jordon's diagnosis with a brain tumor. I have to admit, I have been quite emotional today. A mix of so many emotions, all trying to come out at once. I never realized I had so much pent up, but after such a crazy year, I guess it was high time they came out.

I was reading through our blog from the beginning, and as I read, I relived every memory, almost as vivid and clear as the days the happened. Every smell, every sound, every emotion,what the doctor said, everything. Today, each time I looked at Jordon, I felt like crying. Each time I looked at him, I felt like I was looking at a walking miracle.

Anyway, enough of my emotions. I haven't updated for awhile, so I have a lot to catch up on.

Jordon and I enjoyed decorating for Christmas. Here is a picture of our Christmas tree:

And here is a picture of the Gingerbread house Jordon and I made:


Last week, Jordon and I were invited to attend a session as some friends of ours went through the temple for the first time. It is a beautiful temple and we had a wonderful time. We were able to see Jordon's mom briefly and we witnessed an exquisite sunset as we drove back to Salt Lake City. Here are some of my favorite pictures that we took:


God's creations are truly wondrous and and beautiful. I once heard that God put the great artists to work painting the skies when they died. I believe it becuase each sunset is truly a masterpiece.

Let's see, what else to catch you all up on. Jordon has started horseback riding again. He is going through a program called Courage Reins. They are wonderful and the facility is beautiful. Here are some picutres of Jordon riding:



We also had my work Christmas party. It was a lot of fun. We played Wii and I loved watching Jordon box my boss. We also played Cow Racing and Mario Kart. I think a Wii brings out a whole new side of people. I promise we will update more frequently. Merry Christmas to all! We love you!

9 comments:

Becky said...

I can't believe you've had all of that happen within one year. You both are so strong.

Your tree is gorgeous. You have such a talent for decorating!

*Aliese* said...

What a pretty tree! I just love Christmas trees; they're like snowflakes: no two are the same. It's been so fun to see how different everyone decorates!

Jordon is-indeed-a miracle and I'm so glad things are progressing well. That's awesome that he gets to start horseback riding again!

Candace and Brian said...

Wow! A year. You have every reason to be emotional. Jordon really is an answer to prayers and fasts and a loving wife who never quits caring. Your tree is gorgeous and I loved the gingerbread houses. So fun!!! I hadn't heard that about the artists but it would make perfect sense. We love you and hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Noelle said...

I'm so glad that Jordan has you. Thanks. We love you both. Very pretty tree too. :)

Morgan Family said...

Wow what a year huh? I am so glad that Jordon is doing as well as he is. Thank you for all you have done for him. I don't know what he would do without you! You are such an angel! We love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure "reliving" this last year hasn't been very fun but some day you may look back and feel stronger because of what you had to go through. You guys are wonderful and we love you!

Briana said...

It was so great seeing you in Vernal. You both look great! Love and miss you both.

Beth at Aunties said...

Grandma O's snow flakes are so pretty and are they ones she made? Your tree is beautiful!

We love you and I am glad this past year is behind you. You are our heros you know.

Love you both!

BECKY said...

I was thinking about that before Christmas... that it had been a year. You guys are awesome. I hope you had the best Christmas.