After the MRI, Jordon and I met with his doctor. The doctor performed a physical examination and Jordon was almost completely normal on all the tasks the doctor had him perform. Then he told us some news that made our Thanksgiving and Christmas: by the next MRI, Dr. Glantz believes that the tumor will be completely gone! He told us that Jordon will have to do 4-6 more cycles of the Carmustine (BCNU, we have come to call this Death in a Bag because it is what burns Jordon’s veins). Cycles typically last 6 weeks, so that means Jordon could be done with the BCNU around May. The doctor also said that Jordon may have up to a year or more of the Avastin treatments. Avastin is the antibody that stops the blood cells that form to support tumor growth.
After the doctor appointment, Jordon had to have his labs drawn (the phlebotomist stuck Jordon a few more times before he found a vein that would work), and then Jordon had to have a new IV put in to deliver his chemotherapy. Thank heavens Jordon now has a port. He won’t have to be a human pin cushion any more.
Speaking of ports. Jordon now has his port! The procedure was quick, but not painless. Jordon didn’t feel any pain during the procedure, but he did feel pressure and he heard the doctor’s talking the whole time. When they took me into recover, Jordon was sitting in the chair looking very very tired and beat. The nurses had to observe Jordon for an hour before they would let him leave. He was feeling okay, until he started moving, and then he started feeling some pain. Jordon was extremely sore for a few days, and even now he has to be careful with his chest because it is very tender, but he is doing great!
Here is a diagram of what it looks like it Jordon’s chest. They made an incision to put in the port, and then tunneled the catheter under his skin up to his jugular vein and almost into his heart.

This has been a very humbling week. We have been extremely blessed this year and we are truly grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord. It only sets as another reminder that this season is about the Savior. Always remembering and showing humble gratitude for all that the Savior has done and does for us. I know I didn’t post a Thanksgiving exclusive post listing what I was grateful for, but I would like to do that know. I am thankful for the gospel of the Jesus Christ. I am thankful for my sweet, wonderful husband who teaches me so many lessons of endurance and faith and hope. I am grateful for our families. They are wonderful and amazing and words cannot express my gratitude for their love and support this past year. I am grateful for the many tender mercies of the Lord. I am grateful that He gently leads us and guides to help be where we need to be. I am grateful how he gently molds us, helping us become the person he knows we are capable of becoming. I am grateful for the sun that shines every day, and the beautiful majestic mountains. I am grateful for the lessons Jordon and I have learned this past year, and I am grateful for the lessons we are still learning and will learn in the future. and I am grateful for the love and support from all of you, for the prayers offered in behalf of my sweet husband. Thank you!
**** BY THE WAY, CHRISTMAS CARD SEASON HAS ARRIVED. WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF COMPILING THE LIST. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES, SEND US AN E-MAIL WITH YOUR MAILING ADDRESS: jordonandwendimott [at] yahoo [dot] com.
6 comments:
You two are so sweet. I am glad of the good news for Jordan. I hate getting needles so I couldn't even imagine everything he has to go through. We love you!
Wendi I am so glad to hear the good news of Jordon. Poor guy being a pin cushion. I know everything is working out though because of your strong faith and dedication. You guys are amazing adn I'm so grateful to be part of your life. Don't forget us on the Christmas cards.
PO Box 1311
Vernal, UT 84078
Wendi, thank you for your testimony. It really touched me. I really appreciate you and your sweet spirit. You take such good care of Jordon, I want you to know that you that I appreciate all you do for him and us! We love you tons!!
133 Starcrest Dr.
Orem Ut, 84058
Oh wow. It's insane the amount of medical stuff they have out there. Thanks for that black-and-white diagram, it totally helped me understand. I can't believe it's been a year... I remember reading the first email around this time. God bless you guys. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and have a fabulous Christmas season. Love ya.
Thanks for all your help and Thank You especially for all your love and may it all come back to you with huge blessings!
I hope the port is a blessing for you Jordon. It is all starting to sound like great news.
Love you!
I'm so glad to hear the good news! You two desirve it!
Post a Comment