Monday, September 22, 2008

Another Chemo Update

Jordon had another chemo treatment on Friday. I think I have a love/hate relationship with those days. I love when Jordon comes to work with me, but I hate that he has to have chemotherapy. Anyway, he only had his Avastin, so it was a "short" appointment (by short I mean 3 1/2 hours long).

Before each chemo treatment, he has to have his blood drawn so they can check different levels including white and red blood count, blood platelets, and a lot of other things. This time, his levels show that a lot of his counts were low. His blood platelet count was what the nurses were really concerned about. They told us the normal range was around 400 or so. Jordon's was 53! That is like 13% of what it should be. They decided to give Jordon his chemo anyway because the Avastin isn't supposed to affect the platelet levels. They warned Jordon to be very careful about cutting himself (because he would have a hard time getting it to stop), and they warned against physical sports or any activity that could cause him to be hit in the stomach (could cause internal bleeding). Overall, he is doing great though. Only 5-7 more months!!! He will start the second cycle on Oct 3rd.

The rest of the weekend we just enjoyed life. I made Jordon breakfast in bed on Saturday, and then we ran a few quick errands, picked up some movies, came home and enjoyed movies interspersed with periods of organizing and cleaning. It was a pleasant way to spend a Saturday.

Sunday we enjoyed the primary program during sacrament meeting (kids are too cute). After church, we took a long long nap. It was heavenly, definitely a good way to spend Sunday afternoons. We also had dinner with my family. I love it, every third Sunday, my siblings and parents gather for 3rd Sunday dinner. We eat, play games, and enjoy one another's company. A very delightful weekend!!!

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

What a fabulous way to spend a Sunday! That's such a great idea. I want my fam to do it...

masonmadness said...

What a great family tradition! I love getting together with family like that. I'm glad to know things are still going good. You are still in our prayers daily. We love you guys!

3 Docs and A Diva said...

I glad you had a great weekend. Our Prayers are always with you!