Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Mott Update

Well, it's time for another update. Jordon's last riding session was on Wednesday. To celebrate, all the of the riders got to ride out on the track instead of the arena. Jordon's horse, Tulsa, enjoyed doing more than a canter. And after the ride, Jordon rewarded him with a nice juicy gala apple.

Yesterday we got together with Jordon's family to bless Ryan and Sharida's new addition. It was wonderful seeing family we hadn't seen for a while. It is crazy just how fast time flies.

Last night, my sister and I attended the General Relief Society Broadcast with my mom. I loved the talks, but I especially loved Sister Allred's talk and Elder Uchtdorf's talk. The temple is a wonderful place, and I am grateful for the reminder that family's are forver. No matter what happens in this life, no matter the outcome with Jordon, we will be together forerver. I love the reminders every now and then. I also loved Elder Uchtdorf's reminder that women are creative and special. We each have our own unique and special gifts, and we are all creative.

Well, there's not much else to post. Jordon starts a new chemo cycle on Wednesday. He is also having an MRI and a meeting with the doctor that day, so we can give you an update to let you know how that goes! Love you all!

3 comments:

Beth at Aunties said...

We were nable to attend last night and I am looking forward to seeing another broadcast.
Our bishop bore testimony about it today Pres uchtdorfs talk.

We are so glad you and Jordon are part of our eternal family! And that he is able to ride again!

Anonymous said...

OPPS!

Trina said...

My friends daughter and son in law have so near the same story as you and Jordan. They too were only married a couple months when it was discovered he has lukemia. You have something they don't though. Those blessings of being sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. She is a member, he is not. I have to think there would be so much more peace in your situation than theirs. They are going on October 14 to Seattle for a stem cell transplant. Dr.'s say that is his only hope. I'm so glad Jordan is doing as well as he is. The riding classes seem like a very cool thing. Tell him hi for me. It was fun to get to know him when I was down there, homeless lol. We keep you in our prayers.