Friday, September 19, 2008

A political Soap Box

I hope you don't mind if I get on a political soap box with this post, but I feel very strongly about spreading truth with everyone I know. Right now there is a lot of mud slinging and garbage being shared in the news. I know politics can be a headache of a conversation topic with people, especially since there are a lot of lies spread, all in the quest to win an election and gain an office. I try to find truth wherever I can.

One of those nuggets of truth I found was a talk by President Benson, given when he was not president of the Church, but when he was the secretary of agriculture. Here is the link: http://www.laissez-fairerepublic.com/benson.htm. Another wonderful truth mine I found was www.IBDeditorials.com. I love when things are backed up by fact, and the articles here are based on fact. I also love political cartoons and there are daily additions (It must be the history major in me, but a picture or political cartoon is truly worth a thousand words!)
With the upcoming November election, I feel more strongly than even the need to pray for our leaders and our future leaders, as well as the citizens of this great nation. I am not posting this to try and sway votes for one direction or another. I post this with a prayer that we may read this and ponder the truths that lie within. Once we understand these truths, and study the platforms and backgrounds of the candidates, then we can make an educated decision. I pray that all will read this speech completely through and take to heart the truths.

*One more imploration: Please please please Vote! Every vote counts. Make your voice heard, even if you decide not to vote for the president, there are still many other leaders on a local level to vote for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Hey, I saw on your facebook that you are at the hospital again... is everything ok?

3 Docs and A Diva said...

WOW! What a thoughful and great job of research. I am so proud of you for taking a stand, for studying it out and be aware of what is happening. It is scary right now. If our govenrmenrt would go back to the ideals our founding fathers built this great nation, under God we would continue in prosperity, peace and justice for all. I love you:)