Monday, July 21, 2008

Blessings of Family and Tithing

Wow, I can’t believe another weekend has come and gone. Time just keeps flying by. On Saturday, Jordon and I went to yet another family reunion. This one was at Bear Lake. Neither of us had ever been there, and it was BEAUTIFUL. The water was this gorgeous turquoise color, and it was WARM. Yes I said warm, and the sand was glorious. It was very smooth. Jordon loved riding in the boat and watching as I got dumped out of the tube (only 1 though). It was also wonderful seeing family I hadn’t seen for a long time (for some it has been years since I last saw them). We also got to try one of the "famous raspberry shakes". They were sooooo yummy! My favorite part was the memories that were shared and testimonies that were born. It was sad to have to say goodbye, but I am so very glad families are forever. No matter what happens on this life, our family is forever. What comfort and peace this knowledge brings.


Another thing Jordon and I are immensely grateful for is tithing. Great promises are given to those who faithfully pay their tithing. The windows of Heaven are opened, and we are blessed more than we can receive. President Marion G. Romney said "As is true with respect to all of God’s commandments, the payment of tithing brings a peace and happiness unknown to the defaulter." James E. Faust said "One of the greatest lessons I have learned during my lifetime about doing the best things in the worst times is that people who pay their tithing in both difficult times and good times get along better. They simply have fewer problems; there are fewer family problems and fewer financial problems. Their outlook is more positive, their ability to do and function is increased, and they prosper spiritually as well as temporally."

Jordon and I have been blessed beyond our comprehension. These blessings only reaffirm our testimony that the Lord does know our needs and he cares about what is going on in our lives. He hears prayers and he answers them. Thank you to all who have been instruments in the Lord's hand's in answering our prayers. May you be blessed.

3 comments:

Briana said...

Jordon it was so great to talk to you today. I hope you got some rest! We love you both and are amazed by your strength and testimony. Thank you for sharing your life with us. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. We love you more than you will ever know! Thanks for your example.

Glad you got to go to Bear Lake and be with family.

Morgan Family said...

I am glad that you were able to go to Bear Lake. It is so nice there. That is great that you were able to share your testimony with your family. I too have a testimony of tithing. I know that our Heavenly Father loves you and he will continue to bless you! We love you both.

Linda Mott said...

You two deserve blessings predicated upon your faithfulness. You have been absolute troopers with your eternally positive and grateful attitudes. It is a testimony to all who know you.