Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The BIG DAY!

So, many of you will be checking our blog sometime within the next day or two for an update on Jordon because today was THE BIG DAY, the day Jordon had his MRS and MRI scans......then we were supposed to meet with the oncologist. The first part happened, Jordon DID get the scans, but we were not able to meet with the Oncologist. We will talk with him Friday or Saturday about the results. We were able to FINALLY get copies of Jordon's MRI. So here they are. The first picture is what Jordon's brain looks like now, after the surgery. The lighter mass in the top picture is swelling and scar tissue (I think that is what I was told). You CAN'T see the spot the doctor is worried about in this picture. It is more toward the center of the brain near the back/bottom. The second is a picture of Jordon's brain before they removed the tumor. Now that is a LOT of space! But the picture of Jordon's tumor just amazes me. I can't believe the size of the tumor, and for Jordon's whole life, no one knew it was there. Shocking!!! You might also notice that Jordon's brain has wrinkles now. His brain has been able to relax and expand. Some people have asked if his brain will grow back, the answer is no. His brain will not grow back, so the hole will either fill with fluid or scar tissue. :)
Soooo, in a nutshell. We don't have any answers today. We have to patiently wait until the weekend (I hate the waiting game). Because we have to wait, you all have to wait too. Mwa ha ha ha (that was meant to be an evil laugh, but it just doesn't translate across the web). Anyway, we love you all, and again, we appreciate all your love, support, faith and prayers. We love you!

11 comments:

*Aliese* said...

So I'm confused...Is the smaller white mass in the top picture ANOTHER tumor that's grown? And yes, that is one HUGE tumor in the second picture! Crazy...

Ashley Wray said...

Wow, that is crazy! Thanks for the update and pics! Good luck this weekend, I will definetly be checking your blog for an update!

Candace and Brian said...

Alright we will wait with suspense. We keep praying and just know whatever happens that the Lord is in control. I can't believe those pictures though. Brian and I were dying at the picture of the tumor. That was interesting to read that it will fill with fluid or tissue. News to me. Keep us posted.

Morgan Family said...

Wow those pictures are amazing. We love you and can't wait to hear the good news. ;)

Becky said...

It's amazing that the tumor was that big and no one knew! The body is miraculous, especially when it's behaving. My prayers are with you two, I'll be checking nonstop for an update!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that tumor was LARGE. I too can't believe that no one ever caught it. Let me know what the oncologist says.

Linda Mott said...

I put Jordon's name in the temple (as always) and will have to be patient and wait. Wow. Those pictures are amazing.

Amber said...

hello Wendy and Jordan. I guess you can say what my mom also said after her tumor was removed. She would thank god to be a true living air head. Wendy you will understand that from knowing your aunt Marcia Anderson. Best of luck with the remaining spot.
your cousin
Jared Anderson

BECKY said...

Wow. Amazing pics. And I'm asking the same question as Aliese. Good luck guys.... love you.

Hideaway Girl said...

Waiting is so hard!! Wendi, you guys are so amazing under such sucky circumstances. I have a really good friend going through chemo right now. It seems like too many people are dealing with cancer right now. Those pictures are crazy - doesn't look real. I hope everything goes well with the oncologist. You deserve some GOOD news!

3 Docs and A Diva said...

The pictures are amazing. You have been dealt a sucky turn of events in your sweet young marriage, yet have been so amazing with the trust you have given to your Father in Heaven. You have handled this with such grace. We are praying for the very bestfor Jordon and love you dearly. Here's to good news and a great forth coming family reunion!