Over the weekend we were at a family reunion for Jordon's side of the family. It was at a place called Hidden Springs Ranch in Altamont, UT. We had a blast. We had a great time hanging out with family (in my case, meeting and getting to know a lot of family). We also played games, went shooting, and swam. Jordon was nice and protected with SPF 70 (some really good stuff) and I had the not so good stuff. I got FRIED. I look like a red and white striped zebra now. :)
We had to leave the reunion a day early for Jordon's doctor's appointments. Jordon and I wanted to stay, but doctor's appointments call. Jordon was even more sad when the started horseback riding right as we were leaving. (Jordon really really wants to ride a horse again).
Yesterday Jordon had a full day of doctor's appointments. He started bright and early, and we weren't finished until 6:00 PM. During Jordon's MRI, he was soooo tired, he fell asleep and scared the RAD tech. The door was propped open and I heard hear saying "Are you okay? Sir, are you okay? Sir, wake up! Sir are you okay?"
We met with Jordon's chemo oncologist after that. If we haven't said it before, we would like to say it again. HE IS THE BEST DOCTOR. He also wants Jordon to get back to riding a horse and bring in a picture of Jordon on a horse when we see him next month. Dr. Glantz was impressed with how well Jordon is doing, and his hair is coming in fast. Soon you won't be able to tell where his scar is unless you really look.
We were able to look at Jordon's MRI's, which were kind of interesting. There is a spot that they were unsure of last time, and this MRI was just as mysterious. Dr. Glantz is ordering a special radiological scan to tell us more information. Most likely it is Treatment Induced Pseudo Progression. This is caused by the treatment (radiation and chemotherapy) and it means that the brain is really reacting to the treatment (a good thing). The only other thing it could mean is that the tumor is growing (which we doubt it is).
Overall Jordon is doing great! He was supposed to start chemo tomorrow, but Dr. Glantz is going to hold uoff until Jordon can get the special scans. Most likely he will start over the weekend. I think that is all there is to tell, at least for now. For those of you who were at the reunion, we loved seeing you. For those of you who we will see at reunions coming up, we can't wait to see you. And for those of you we see all the time, hi again!!!! TTFN!!!
1 comment:
Wendi I'm glad to see the doctor appointments went well. It's so nice to have doctors that you like and trust. It was so much fun seeing you at the shower and I feel bad I missed out on Jordon. I'm glad you had a good time at the reunion. When Jordon is feeling up to it you will have to make another trip to Vernal and Brian will take him horseback riding. Love ya guys!
Post a Comment