Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!

Well, Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful men in our lives!!!! You are very much appreciated. Being Father's Day and all, I have been thinking a lot about my father. He is amazing. My dad is truly my hero. He has been battling cancer for about 3 years now, and he has had a great attitude all the while. I have watched as my father and mother turn their lives over to the Lord and accepted the Lord's will. They always remind us to keep the eternal perspective. For that, I am truly blessed and grateful. Jordon and I have tried to keep the same attitude and perspective as we go through our trials. Thank you Dad!!!

It has been a few days since we updated, and a few things have happened. Jordon went in for his blood work, and the results showed that his white blood count is back down, so it is back to masks and staying away from anyone that might be sick. He goes in on the 24th for an MRI to check his progress. His hair is also growing back soooo fast. Soon you won't even be able to tell wher his scar is. (we will try and post a picture)

Friday night Jordon and I got to babysit our neice Macadey. We played "dolly" and blocks. It was cute watching Jordon play and snuggle with Macadey. Macadey would hand Jordon her dolly and he would say thank you and hold it. It was adorable!!!

Last night we also went to a birthday party for Austin. It was nice to just relax and have fun. Happy Birthday Austin!!!! I am sure that Steph will be posting pictures on her blog.

7 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Thanks for updating us. Sorry to hear about Jordon's bloodcount. Does that mean you will have to miss your family reunion? It's so nice to have amazing examples (Dads) who set such strong foundations for us all. What a cute niece by the way.

Morgan Family said...

Wendi it was so nice to see you on Saturday. Thank you again for the amazing ice cream! You have such a talent at cooking, baking, etc. I am so glad that you were able to spend time with your dad. He truly is a great example to all around him!

Christiansen's said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad and his battle with cancer. So for some reason yesterday out of the blue I remembered the cool Trick or Treat holder or whatever you call it. I remember it was like a big tongue on a conveyer (spelling ?) belt that would move and a monster or something would eat it. Totally random, but it made me laugh when I remembered.

3 Docs and A Diva said...

Love your new blog. Your talents are incredible and you are amazing with everything you do; singing, cooking and baking; creative blog designer and the best dirt shoveler we ever had :D! Please give Jordon our love and we pray you find out good 'things' on the 24th. We are saddened to hear of Jordons blood count... We are so glad you have such good examples of courage and strength with your parents. That was a beautiful tribute to your dad.
Macadey sure is a cutie and it was fun to see her picture posted. Lots of big Hugs, auntie cher

Chelsea said...

She is such a cutie! And I love your blog. You've done a good job with it. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! :) Love you.

masonmadness said...

Your niece is such a doll! Sorry to hear about Jordan. I hope he gets better soon! It's hard to try and keep them from getting sick. Jordan is still in my kids prayers every night in fact we get in trouble when we "forget" him! Keep smiling. We love you guys!

Amber said...

Hey Wendi this is your cousin Jared's wife. It is fun to see your blog. We have thought often of you and want you to know that we are praying for you.