Sunday, June 29, 2008

Had a Bad Day

Chemo really does stink. Saturday night was Jordon's first dose of this cycle and it has thrown him for a loop (again). I mean we always know it does, but each time, it just....it just..... sucks! A couple of other things have thrown him for a loop too, but we won't get into the nitty gritty details. Suffice it to say Jordon's body really has a lot to deal with: seizure medication changes, toxic medication, and lack of sleep. The results: a very tired Jordon.

Even with all that he is going through, he still laughs and finds humor. And for that I am so blessed, grateful, and relieved. For example, we had a "flood" in our apartment tonight (the pump went out in our washing machine and we had 3 inches of water on the floor) and Jordon was able to be positive and make me smile (despite the mess and some upset neighbors below us). By the way, if anyone knows anything about washing machines, we would love some advice. We hope you all have a great night!!!! Love you all.

PS: We talked with oncologist and found out that the date for the scan has been moved up, but he didn't have all the information (he is back east and it was 11:30 his time) so he couldn't call his secretary. We will give you the date update tomorrow.

5 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Oh my goodness, Wendi! I love that your little family is so optimistic; I LOVE reading your blog because it helps me when I need an attitude adjustment. Both you and Jordon are constantly in my prayers. And I wish I knew more about washing machines that just how to turn them on.

Candace and Brian said...

Hang in there! If you need advice on the washing machine Brian could help you 435-790-8734 but I'm no good. Love ya!

Morgan Family said...

Oh wow. I am so sorry about your washer. Please let us know if we can help! I am excited that your appointment got moved up. I will look forward to hearing when it is. We love you!

Amber said...

You never cease to amaze us with your strength. You are an example to us all.

3 Docs and A Diva said...

I am with Amber. Both of you never cease to amaze me with your strength and optimistic look at what you ahve been dealt. The first year of marriage is usually one full of joy and playfully loving one another, not the one you have endured. I know God in His heavens has a plan for you and He loves you very much. You aare in our prayers and we are remembering the fast for Jordon & YOU on Sunday. So sorry about your washer... We love you!