Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Highs and Lows

Thursday Jan 3, 2007 Okay, since I am having trouble getting updated, I will go from day to day, and try and back update when I have time. Today was a definite roller coaster of progress. When I got to the hospital this morning, Jordon was very out of it. His eyes were open, and he was looking around, but he was not "seeing" anything if that makes sense. I stepped out to run an errand, and when I got back he was in with the physical therapists. He did a great job. They had him sitting and then standing, then sitting and standing again. It wore him out, but he really did a great job. About 5 minutes after Jordon finished with physical therapy, speech therapists came in to work with. Jordon was tuckered out from the physical therapy, but he still did a good job. He recognized some of his letters and numbers (not all) and he also was able to located some of his body parts like his ear and his mouth. But he did not know where his nose, or knee were. It will come with time though. I think that weirdest thing that happened today was when the therapists were asking Jordon questions about me. Through questions, we discovered that Jordon thinks I am his aid. A few minutes later, as I showed him some family pictures, and he was able to point to each of his sisters, and his mom, but he didn't know who I was. When I showed him our wedding picture, his jaw dropped and his eyes went huge. At the time being, he doesn't remember getting married. With time, and as the swelling goes down, his memory and skills should come back though. .....A little while later........ Jordon had a terrible headache, and so the nurse gave him some of his pain medication and he slept. He broke out into a terrible cold sweat, and no one knew why, but after he woke up from his nap HE SPOKE TO ME!!!! This was exciting in and of itself, but the words he spoke made me grin from ear to ear: "I love you Wendi." Ahh sweet music! He was also very fiesty and mouthing a lot of words (the feeding tube and dry throat make it very hard to talk). The nurse had just brought me a coke, and I opened it, but decided to go call Rosalie and tell her about Jordon talking, and when I got back, the coke was half empty, and Jordon was leaning against the side of the bed looking very suspicious. I picked up the coke and he just grinned, and started laughing. This was extremely funny because right now Jordon is NPO, no food or drink at all. I guess what the nurses don't know, cant hurt them, right?

No comments: