
Friday, December 21, I was so excited to enter the room to find Jordon alert and awake. They had removed the breathing tube, and a lot of the wires. The first thing Jordon said to me was "Tell Dad Happy Birthday". His voice was scratchy and it was a littel hard to understand, but it was music to my ears. He had several visitors throughout the day, and the thing he kept telling people was that he didn't like his catheter. Yuck. I don't blame him. I felt terrible becuase he wanted a drink, but he was on a restricted diet so he couldn't he or drink. He was so funny and drugged up throughout the day. He doesn't remember any of his vistitors now, but it was great to see him smile. He even reminded me I needed to go to pick something up from the dry cleaners.
On Saturday, I had another surpise. I walked in to see Jordon eating his breakfast. He was eating scrambled eggs with his hands. It made me so happy I actually cried. I know, a silly thing to cry about, but after going through the trauma of the previous few days, I was emotional. They also removed his EEG monitoring!!! No more sci fi look!!!!!! That night though, he really scared me because he had another seizures. I was told this was normal. They were the first of many many small seizures before his surgery. I guess the best way to describe it is kind of like when you have a large earthquake (the seizure) and then a lot of after shocks (the smaller postictal seizures).
On Sunday, Jordon was doing great, and he was moved from the NCC to Neurological floor. He was in a large private room, and I got to stay the night to help the aid with anything. Not to pention that Jordon was on seizure watch. On Christmas Eve, he was moved to another room with a crazy old man, sweet, but crazy. :o) That night, I got to take Jordon for a spin in a wheelchair (only because it was Christmas Eve). Unfortunataley, he had another one of his small seizures, so I took him back to his room and he slept the rest of the night. Christmas morning dawned bright and beautiful!!! Jordon and I decided we would wait to do Christmas until he felt better. We each opened one gift though (Jordon got a great shirt from Steph, I can't wait to see him in it). This was a hard day for Jordon though. He had about 15 postictal seizures, which wear him out completely. The doctors couldn't understand why he was having such an extremely hard time coming out of his seizures, so they increased his manesium and potassium. The sad thing was that the IV burned his vein out, causing Jordon extreme pain. It must of done the trick though because Jordon quickly came out of his seizures, and was not tired afterward. He even was trying to set Chelsea up with his male nurse (who happened to be from Vernal). He had his teddy bear doing a strip tease dance, and was playing dress up with the other bear. I think at this point, Jordon had been in the hospital too long.
Now I know I kind of rushed through and jumbled those days together, but I am trying hard to catch up.
No comments:
Post a Comment