After getting himself dressed (tied shoes and all!) Jordon made his way down to occupational therapy where he got to string beads and play with putty. Jordon thought this was a little babyish, but he had fun with it anyway. Below is a picture of Jordon and the 'jewelry' he made me. He also had to pick little tiny pegs out of putty, then he had to make a snake with the putty. then Jordon slithered (hehe) off to speech therapy where Jordon got to play card games, mixed up letters, and a plethora of weird games the speech pathologist thought up.

Jordon also got to plan out the field trip he will be taking tomorrow and then he got to play more wii. The wii has been a great tool in getting Jordon to work his right arm out, as well as helping his communications skills. The therapists suggested, if possible, to purchase a Wii because of how much it helps Jordon. It is something we are actually looking into. Anything to help his therapy progression, because after Tuesday, no more rehab center (wii included :o( ). He did great with the boxing, and KO the computer each time! GOOOOOOOOO Jordon!!!! He really got into the punching, and man when he gets competitive, he sure can talk!!!
After an extremely busy morning, Jordon had a short break for lunch. He had an extra special treat. The nurse removed his feeding tube. It was almost 3 feet long. Crazy! And you could tell the part of th tube that was in his stomache because it was all stained and nasty looking. Jordon finished off his lunch hour by polishing off a hamburger, and then half of mine. Yeah for a healthy appetite. 

Jordon got back to work immediately after lunch. He got to practice his balance by stepping over a bolster. Forwards and backwards, forwards, then backwards. If that wasn't enough to wear him out (which it did because he tires so easily) Jordon tackled the stairs. As he went up and down the stairs, I thought I could hear the music from Rocky playing in the background (j/k).
After mastering the stairs. Jordon got to build! The occupational therapist knew Jordon did construction and demolition, and she wanted to play to his strengths. So Jordon got to build a wagon type contraction. Here Jordon is explaining to his therapist Katherine that he is not going to use he left hand, he was merely showing his right hand how to do it. :o)
Jordon is doing great with the physical aspect, and his speech is also coming along, but not as quickly. Jordon comprehends what is being said (most of the time) but when he is asked to spit information back out, or when he is asked a question, his mind hists a roadblock, and he can't get out the words he is thinking of. It is furstrating for him, but with love and patience, he is doing better. Jordon also has to practice patience with me because I try to guess what is trying to say, and I am not always right (well, most of the time I am wrong). Well, time for bed. We have a busy day ahead of us!!!!
3 comments:
Go Jordon! We are so proud of you and your progress! Keep up the good work!
Wendi I love all your comments throughout. I bet your nurses are right, no one sticks their tongue out as much as Jordon :) I love reading your blog. Thanks again for keeping us updated. Have fun on your field trip today. Love you both!
I'm so glad that Jordan is doing so well. I read your blog everyday and it amazes me everytime. Thanks again for keeping us updated.
Post a Comment