For those of you who check this blog daily. I apologize that my entries are being added later and later in the day. Time seems to slip by so fast now that Jordon is on the go. Today was another Roller Coaster day, which I will have to rewrite about tomorrow because it is so late (I will add pictures too).
The short version, Jordon got up and dressed in street clothes for his outing today (Yipeee no more jammies today :o)) Jordon looked very handsome in his jeans and new Christmas shirt (Stephanie, you have great taste!) Street clothes made Jordon look like an entirely new person!
Jordon had another gruelling day of occupational therapy, speech therapy, and a double session of physical therapy in which he not only went for a long walk outside (yeah for fresh air and sunshine) but Jordon also did a few ballet moves. Okay so not really ballet moves, but he did have to do squats in front of a mirror, while holding to the parallel bars and it made him look a little like a ballerina. He also walked along a board like he was on a balance beam. Then he played a quick game of soccer (I was the goalie), and made a few of the therapists drop their jaws to the floor with his progress. I will explain a little more about the jaw dropping therapists. One week ago, Jordon was very weak and incoherant. He had trouble standing and getting sounds out. Today, the weekend speech and physical therapists worked with Jordon, and they were shocked that Jordon was walking and talking. So much progress in so little time. It truly is miraculous.
After showing of his skills in physical therapy, Jordon had another session of occupational therapy and he got to build a weird pipe sculpture, but before he finished his project, Jordon suffered from a severe cramp in his hip (which the doctors now think could be appendicitis). The therapist and I helped Jordon back up to his room where he rested for a little bit before the field trip. After the rest, Jordon was ready to go out into the real world!!! He had fun buying his tickets, but got a little frustrated when the Trax driver couldn't understand what stop Jordon wanted. I had to interpret. Jordon even stood on the train for a short leg of the trip. This really helped his balancing problem, but really wore him out, so he sat down for the rest of the ride.
When we got to Rumbi Grill, we were all very frustrated because Jordon could not maneuver the wheel chair. There was not enough room, so Jordon walked through the restaurant. It was also frustrating when the girl at the counter stopped paying attention to Jordon as he tried to give his order, and then he couldn't repeat it when she asked him to. Jordon persisted though, and placed his order, and mine, and we enjoyed a delcious non-hospital food lunch!!!
The field trip really wore Jordon out, so he took a nap and then watched a movie. Jordon got bored with the movie, so we began reading the blog comments, as well as my journal I am keeping for him, and he rediscovered that his tumor was cancerous. Even though we have talked about it many times over the past few weeks, he has short term memory loss, and it was hard for him. We both wept together, and discussed the future, and talked about the peace we both felt. We know it is in Heavenly Father's hands. Jordon's simple faith is amazing. He might not understand why it is happening, but he is simply trusting the Lord.
After our wonderfully spiritual converstaion, we decided to go on a hospital date. The date consisted of going to the cafeteria to buy some dinner and ice cream, and then going back to Jordon's room to eat popcorn and watch a movie. During the movie we recieved some sad news. Jordon's Grandpa Lent passed away earlier in the day. Jordon cried again, then we again talked about the Lord's hands, and that his Grandpa is not suffering anymore. Jordon still misses his grandpa, but he is taking it really well.
Right before I left, Jordon had another hip cramp that really concerned the doctors. They want to keep an eye on it, and kept mentioning appendicitis. I think Jordon will be fine though. He just needs a good nights rest.
Despite the ups and downs of the day, Jordon still has an amazing attitude, and is so humble and grateful that the Lord is blessing him so much. Life is difficult and sometimes seems unfair, but to quote Neal A Maxwell "If life were fair, it wouldn't be a test". Jordon stills smiles despite the hard times ahead and knows that if he trusts in the Lord, all will be well. Thank you again to the many many friends, family, and loved ones who have prayed and fasted for Jordon. He is a living miracle, and I know he will continue to progress and do well. Thank you again!!!
4 comments:
Dear Jordon
How are you feeling?When are you coming home.I prayed for you
every night.I hope you get better soon
Love:Monica Mott
Wendi I hope today was much better and that they figure out what the pain in the hip was. I am so sorry to hear the sad news of Grandpa Lent. Jordan is loved by all and we have him in our prayers constantly. Tell him to keep his chin up. We love him.
Hopefully Sunday (today) was a better day emotionally for Jordon. I'm sorry to hear about Jordon's grandpa Lent. How is the pain in Jordon's hip? Our prayers are with you both. Love, Linda
Wendi, thank you so much for keeping us updated on Jordon's condition. I know it can't be an easy task for you. I will continue to keep you two in my thoughts and prayers and know that the Lord will not test you more than you can handle. I love you and take care!
Post a Comment