Well, as promised, I am finishing my update from the weekend. Jordon and I got back from Vernal late yesterday afternoon. Jordon did great in the car, and even though he wasn't driving, he sure was aware of all that was going on. His occupational therapist gave him the "homework" assignment of being a backseat driver, and he took this assignment very seriously.
The therapists also suggested for Jordon to slowly start getting out more, so we went to dinner last night with friends. We had an adventure trying to find the restaurant, Benihanas (nearly hidden behind other buildings), but it was fun to watch Jordon as he watched the chef prepare our food right in front of us. It was also good for Jordon to interact with others, especially his friend, Nathan, who came from Vernal to visit.
Today, it was hard getting Jordon to wake up, because we had a very rough night. Jordon wakes up almost every three hours on the dot (courtesy of the routine the nurses got him on in the hospital). We are trying to break it, and Jordon is waking up less frequently, but it still makes for a long night because every time he gets up, I have to get up, because he is a fall risk.
After a very slow start, Jordon and I made it to church (20 minutes late). Jordon enjoyed seeing the ward members and appreciated so many coming up to show their love and support. We didn't stay for the whole block though because Jordon was worn out.
The rest of the day was pretty much a nice and quiet Sunday afternoon, EXCEPT when Jordon decided to get up after his afternoon nap and I stepped out of the room. He usually waits for me to be there in case he starts to wobble, but Mr. Independent didn't want to wait today. I was putting something in the kitchen and I heard a BIG THUD!!! I went running down the hall to find Jordon out cold on the floor.
He quickly came to, but he was disoriented, and he had hit the back of his head (near his incision) on the bed. It was bleeding a little, and so we put ice on it and he took a pain pill and rested. After no time at all he was up and going again, feisty as ever. He watched the Packers/Giants game with my dad, and enjoyed every moment of it. Jordon was going for Green Bay and my Dad was for the Packers, so they had some fun banter going back and forth.
Jordon falling is a constant scare, especially since he is so independent, and in impatient. Each time Jordon stands up he gets dizzy and has to hold on to something or someone, or he risks falling. But it is getting better, and will continue to get better. For many of you who saw Jordon at the viewing, funeral, or church today, Jordon looks great and is truly doing amazing, but there is still a long road ahead of us, and each day presents new challenges, especially as Jordon gets more and more independent.
It was one month ago today that new way of life began. So much has happened. So many lives have been changed, and I know both Jordon and I have grown so much. Jordon and I have been truly blessed, and we are both humbled and amazed at the tender mercies of the Lord. He is truly watching over us, and helping us along, even though there are moments that make it feel like we can't go on. If we continue to trust in the Lord, all will be well!
4 comments:
Thanks Wendi for the update. I missed reading your posts. I am glad Jordon is doing so well. I am sure it would have been scary when you heard him fall. But he is one independent, stubborn person. That is what us Motts are :)(Just ask my husband?!) We are proud of it! (We feel bad for our spouses though) Thanks for all you do. We love you.
What a scare! It was so lucky that Jordon didn't hit right on his scar! Boy, you both really have a challenge ahead of you.
Wendy and Jordon we are so glad to know that you are home safe and sound and overall things are going well. I am so sorry about the scare. Tell Jordon to take it easy. Don't push it so hard and be more dependent on you and others. Your life has changed dramatically and we are so grateful the Lord is blessing you.
I'm so glad that he didn't hurt himself any worse then that. That would be scary considering what you have been through. Remind him patience is a virtue :) (Yeah right...try telling a Mott that) Thanks again for your updates.
Post a Comment