Friday, September 17, 2010

We would like to introduce the newewst member of our family...

EZME! Ezme is our beautiful 1 year old Golden Retriever Service Dog. She is incredible gentle and patient and well behaved. She has been officially ours (well Jordons) for only a week, but I don't think we could imagine our lives without her. To all of you amazing friends and family who helped this come to pass, I can't thank you enough.

Jordon is in heaven, having a dog, and I am loving that he has a companion while I am at work. Ezme has been alerting about 20-30 minutes before Jordon's seizures, and as we get more used to her signals, and as Jordon and Ezme grow closer (which would be hard to imagine because she is his shadow and loves him), Jordon will  be able to just sit and relax to try and help prevent the seizure or will be in a safe situation when he has a seizure. I think we will see incredible things from Ezme. She knows how to get the keys, the phone, the paper, she can open certain kinds of doors, and she can get help if needed.

To thank the trainer, Deb, we made cookies that looked like dogs. We also made them for the nurses. 
I will post pictures if I can get it to work right. If you know of anyone that might be in need of a service animal, let me know. We were able to establish a grant to help other's get a service animal. It is called the Ezme Service Animal Grant Fund. It is for disable Utahans desiring a service animal (based on financial need).  It is incredible how everything has come about, and we are so excited to try and help others. If you would like to help other's get a service animal, you can CLICK HERE to donate to the Ezme Service Animal Grant - Please make sure you specify that you would like it to go to the Ezme Service Animal Grant.

On to another grand tidbit of new. We have a  new neice!!!! We can't wait to meet you little Montana baby!!!! Well, I promise to post pictures soon (I am at the hospital and I don't have my camera on me)...

Oh, I forgot to mention. Jordon had another MRI and doctor's visit. The MRI showed no major changes, so the doctor is happy. Jordon will also start meeting with a new neuro-oncologist in November. It will be exciting to see what new insights he brings to Jordon's treatments! Well, Jordon's pump is going off, so I need to go. Thank you again to all of you! We love you all!!!

7 comments:

The Mathesons said...

Aw, yay! Congrats! :D

*Aliese* said...

Wendi, this is absolutely AMAZING. I'm so glad things have worked out. :)

Candace and Brian said...

How exciting for you guys. THat amazes me a dog can be that smart and helpful. I can't wait to see pictures.

LittleBrownFamily said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got a dog. And golden retreivers are wonderful! When I was caring for a quadrepoligic (yeah, spelling's wong, I know) we also had Goldie, and she was Josh's best friend and she helped him SO much! We all loved her.

- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
- said...

Wendi, your Yahoo account was hacked. They sent out an email saying you're in Europe and need money to get home. This is a very common scam right now, and I highly doubt it's true. Quickly login, change your password, and let everyone know it's not true before they lose any money.

Willie said...

I received the same email as EJ.