Monday, June 14, 2010

The Great Woof Wait.

Hi all. Just wanting to post an update on the goings on in our lives.

On Friday, Jordon had another round of chemotherapy. It was an odd day from the start. It started nice and rainy. We got to the appointment on time, but then we waited and waited and waited (I think they spelled patients wrong, it should be patience). The machinery to process the blood counts was not working so they had to send it out, and Jordon's got lost on the way.

When they finally got the counts back, and Jordon's premeds going, things were finally seeming normal. That is until, Jordon sat up and told me he felt a little funny, and within 2 minutes, Jordon was having a petit mal seizure. It only lasted about 30 seconds, but it had the nurses all buzzing.  Well, he had the nurses buzzing for good reasons, this seizure left Jordon even more weak than usual, and he couldn't move his right side for a while. The nurses kept a close eye on him the rest of the treatment, and asked if I felt comfortable taking him home (I did because I didn't have to work at my night job).

By Saturday morning, Jordon was doing well, and he did his normal therapeutic horseback riding, and then we got ready to go to Jordon's cousin's wedding. Jordon and I had a great time seeing family at Ryan's wedding. It just reminded us both how great family is, and just how great our family is!

Well, I guess I should also explain the post title. The Great Woof Wait is the name we have give to to the fundraiser to help get Jordon's Service Dog.  The URL with more information is: http://www.raiseitnow.com/3810/the-great-woof-wait-a-service-dog-for-jordon

Jordon and I are also making dog theme cards to sell to help raise money. 1 card for $2 or 3 for $5. We will post pictures by Thursday. Please let me know if you have any questions.

1 comment:

Candace and Brian said...

It was so nice to see you on Saturday. You both look great. We are interested in helping with the fundraiser any way we can. Send cards our way! :) We love you guys.