Sunday, September 6, 2009

I know--It has been a while...

So I know I promised I would post more often, but I have seriously been swamped these past few weeks. I now am working 2 jobs. That is right 2! :) In addition to my night custodial job for the church, I am now working for another computer training company called Executrain. I will be doing many of the same kind of things I did for the MindCenter.

Jordon and I also got to go to Myton last month for Shelby's farewell. We had a great time being with family. The Monday after Shelby's farewell, Merrill took Jordon and I for a horseback ride to check on his cattle. We even got to do a little "herding" because the cattle were in the wrong field.

I know a lot more has happened, but my brain is fried at the moment and I am at a loss for what to put. Oh, I know--Jordon had chemo on Friday, and all is well still. They again "snowed" him with the Benadryl and other pre-meds. The nurses all love to walk by while Jordon his getting his treatment and watch him sleep. They think he look so cute. I would put a picture, but I don't think Jordon would like it. LOL! The nurses all love Jordon's baking too! Every time Jordon has chemo, he bakes cookies for the nurses, so when Jordon checks into the infusion room, we are announced "THE MOTTS ARE HERE!!!". Jordon's famous cookies are spreading throughout the hospital and now nurses and employees from around pop in to see if Jordon brought cookies! :) He is my cookie monster!

He has an MRI scheduled for the 23rd. We will let you know how it goes. His last few MRI's showed that things are stable, so we are praying for at least the same. We are trying something in addition to Jordon's chemo. It is a Native American remedy called Essiac tea. I guess it tastes awful, but it is worth a shot to see if it helps. :)

Well, I think that is all. No wait, I lied. Jordon and I are the proud growers of a tomatoe plant. We bought some Big Boy tomato seeds back in July and planted them for the fun of it. We didn't think anything would come of it becasue it was so late in the season, but with Jordon constant care and green thumb, they are thriving and blossoming and soon we will have some tomatoes. I will post pics next time! Love you all and have a great Labor Day!!!

7 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Glad to hear you are busy but things are going well. We think of you often!

*Aliese* said...

I love your optimism with all of Jordon's treatments! You guys are phenomenal. What lucky doctors and nurses to get to eat those yummy cookies!

BECKY said...

You are bizzay! I had no idea he was such a great cookie maker... that is SO fun. :)

The Mathesons said...

Haha, I think it's good to be too busy to write a blog post in the summertime. Seriously, it's way to nice outside to spend it slaving away for our enjoyment!! :) Good for you Wendi! Best of luck with everything@

Anonymous said...

I love your background and header, so cute!

I think it is so cute that Jordon takes cookies to his treatments, what a cute thing to do.

Trina said...

I wanna taste some of those cookies right now. Sounds like your tomatoe plants are doing much better than mine. Not sure what happened but I have had tons of green tomatoes forever. They won't ripen. Aaargh!

Don't run yourself too thin.

Trina said...

I can't believe I spelled tomato with an e. I thought I was a better speller than that. Guess I should check before I publish my comments.