Hello to all again. Wow, we can't believe it is already the end of February! Life has been going well for both Jordon and I. These past few weeks have been wonderfully relaxing and very enjoyable, spending time with Jordon and helping out my sister when she needs it. I didn't realize just how much I needed this kind of "break".
Well, yesterday Jordon went in for his chemotherapy appointment, but alas, he couldn't get his treatments because his platelets were too low. They were 27. That is the lowest they have ever been. (To put this into perspective, they are concerned when the count gets into the 150s).
They again discussed a platelet transfusion, but there were serious concerns over reactions and what-not, so they are going to wait for a week to see if the platelets go up. If they go down any more then Jordon will definitely have to have a transfusion. If they go into the teens, Jordon could be hospitalized because of extreme internal bleeding risks. We doubt they will go that low though. Even though Jordon's counts are so low, and he gets tired so easily, he is still as feisty as ever, so life is fun.
This morning we got to go down to Stephanie's baby shower. We are going to have another niece within 2 weeks! It was great seeing everyone and just spending time with family. We will post pics soon! Love you all.
By the way, Jordon's birthday is coming up soon and I would like to create a book of letters for him. I know Jordon enjoys reading letters and notes while he is getting his treatments, so I thought this would be a fun gift for him (it makes the treatments go quicker). I would like as many letters from friends and family as possible. If you would like to include a letter to Jordon, please e-mail them to me at shoppingwendi (at) yahoo (dot) com. These letters could include memories or testimonies or encouragement, or if Jordon has touched your life in any way. I need them by the first of April, so that will give you a month. Thank you in advance (and thank you for not telling Jordon)! Love you all!!!!
3 comments:
I will definitely get a letter written. I'm sorry to hear about platelettes. We will keep him in our prayers. I was sad we missed Stef's shower today. I can't wait to see that little girl of hers.
Wendi-
I read your blog occasionally and I am always amazed by your positive attitude. You guys are such good examples to all of us. We will be praying for your family.
Jenny (Warner) Brumfield
What a good idea. You're such a thoughtful person. I'll see what I can come up with (hopefully he even remembers me).
Post a Comment