Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life Happens, so make the best of it

It is funny just how quickly life happens. On Friday, Jordon was exhausted and he just slept (he is still feeling the effects of extrememy low platelets, please pray that they go up, we don't want him to have to have a transfusion). But Saturday morning, he was up and bouncing around, excited to ride horses, and more importantly excited for me to ride with him. Yep that is right. I got to ride!!!!! We had so much fun riding side by side, and they have worked it out so that I can ride every other week with Jordon. I have to admit, I am still a little saddle sore, but I can't wait to ride again.

After riding, I was able to get together with an old roommate that I hadn't seen for over two years. Ah memories. I loved chatting, reminiscing, and talking about future get togethers. Saturday night Jordon took me to dinner for Valentines, and then we came home and snuggled and watched a movie. It was so relaxing and pleasant! :o)

Sunday we were called in to meet with a member of the bishopric. You guessed it, we got callings. I am now on the Enrichment committe, and Jordon and I are the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication coordinators for our ward. We get to help organize and coordinate volunteers for the open house. We are so excited to be part of such a wonderful thing!

Yesterday life threw us a little bump. I went to work as normal, but at noon, by boss called us together for a work meeting. He said that he and his wife had discussed it and they needed to close the business. I knew that things were getting tighter and tighter, but I didn't realize that it was that bad. In fact, I thought things were picking up a little, and that we might make it. Yesterday was my last day. I have to admit, it was hard, but I knew that Jordon and I would be okay. I had this overwhelming sense of calm.

I don't know what I am going to do now. I might go back to school and study nursing, or pharmecy, or possibly physical therapy, it is something that Jordon and I have to discuss more. I know I am going to find another job soon, but I have to admit that it might be tricky trying to find a job that will be flexible with our medical needs, but you know what, with the Lord's help, he will lead me to the right job, just like he lead me to The MindCenter. Jordon and I are so grateful for the many tender mercies of the Lord. We have faith in Him and in His plans. We know that all is well. We will keep you posted on any new adventures that take place in our lives. We love you!!!!

7 comments:

Tina said...

Hi just wondering if you got my facebook message.

*Aliese* said...

Wendi, I love your optimism; you're such a sweetheart. Irony of ironies: my dad lost his job yesterday as well. It seems to be a growing trend! I'm so glad Jordon's doin' better and that the two of you got to ride horses together (I love horseback riding!). And might I add: SWEET CHURCH CALLING!! Hello!?!? That's phenomenal; what a great experience for you guys.

Candace and Brian said...

Wendy you are amazing with your strength and committment in life and for serving the Lord. I too will pray you will get a job quickly that is flexible.
How fun horseback riding. Brian loves it and I hate it. It seems it would be romantic though.
Hope all goes well. We love you guys!

Morgan Family said...

Wow you both are amazing! It seems like life just hasn't calmed down for you. I will let you know if I hear of any openings for a job! Thank you so much for helping us the other day! I am so happy that you were able to ride. That is so fun and I bet Jordon loved having you ride with him! Congratulations on the callings. I know you will do great! Please let us know what we can do to help. We will be praying for you both! Love ya!

ryannsharidamontague said...

It sounds like you guys have fun riding horses together! It's been a very long time since I had the chance to ride a horse. Wendi, thanks for being such a good example to me! you are so positive no matter what happens in your life! We will pray for you both! I love you both!

masonmadness said...

Sorry to hear about your job. I'm sure you will find something soon however. You will be a great asset to any company. Good luck. We will be praying for you.

Beth at Aunties said...

It was so good to see both of you today and want you to know we love you!
You are right the Lord does LOVE you and all will work out. I am so glad you got to go riding with with Jordan:)
Congrats on your callings!
Wendi, you looked beautiful today:-)
Love, Auntie B:)