Did you know I still get butterflies? You know the happily incessant fluttering that occurs in your stomach and heart when you are around someone you are deeply and madly in love with. I still get them every time I catch Jordon staring at me with his gorgeous, long-lashed, hazel eyes, or when I find a simple love note he has hidden in my purse or in the car. I still get them when I see him walk into my work (unexpectedly), to bring me lunch because I was in too much of a hurry to fix my own or forgot to bring it with me. I still get them when he leans over in sacrament meeting and barely whispers “I love you” in my ear. Yes, I still get butterflies, and they are wonderful and gloriously magical and I hope I always get them whenever I am around or thinking about my sweetheart.
My sweetheart is amazing, and I still can’t believe how well he handles all he is going through. He never ceases to amaze me, with his wonderfully cheesy and witty sense of humor. I don’t know what it is, but the Infusion Room nurses at the HCI have a way of bringing out Jordon’s brilliant wit (it is the same wit I see all the time, but many others do not get to glimpse this because Jordon gets kind of shy or shuts down a little around others).
Well, a little bit more about last Friday’s chemo treatment. Jordon had his favorite nurse again. Karen is the most amazing nurse. She has a way of making the patients feel human and normal again. She has become a great friend to both Jordon and I. Anyway, counts looked great so treatment continued as planned. Karen administered the pre-meds and within about 10 minutes, Jordon was practically out cold (thanks to the Benadryl). One of the nurses came by to ask Jordon if he would sign a consent form to be on the news, but Jordon was too sleepy to know what was going on. He missed out on the all the “action”.
Channel 5 was at the HCI to do a story on John Huntsman Sr. and cancer care and treatments. Mr. Huntsman went around to each patient and asked how they were doing, how the treatments were going and overall how the Huntsman Cancer Institute was. He kindly went around offering words of encouragement to patients and family members. Even though Jordon was asleep, John Huntsman even took the time to stop and ask me how I was doing and what I thought of the treatment of the hospital. Then he patted my arm and said, “He’ll be okay, it will be okay”. I thought that was very kind of him. As he moved on, I looked up and caught Carol Mikita watching us. She stared smiling at Jordon and me for a minute and then winked and walked on. It was kind of cool. You can watch clip here: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5480867
Well that is all for the moment! We love you all and hope all is well in your lives!!!
3 comments:
I love reading about the amazing relationship you and Jordon have. With each other still friends you can make it through anything in life. What an interesting segment-too bad Jordon wasn't in on the action. I am so grateful you guys are able to go to such a great facility and receive treatments with such great people. Love ya!
Aren't butterflies wonderful!?!
I'm jealous. You guys a awsome.
Post a Comment