Well, I haven't posted about us for a few weeks. A few things have happened. We absolutely loved conference. Conference weekend Jordon started experiencing severe dizziness and double vision. After a blood test, we found out that his seizure medication level was at almost toxic levels. They adjusted the times of the doses and that seemed to help.
The weekend after conference, we went to my coworker's cabin to spend the night. We enjoyed dinner, homemade ice cream, and carving pumpkins. Jordon and I didn't know what we wanted to carve on our pumpkin, so I looked down at the newspaper covering the paper, and there was the sports page featuring some football player, then I looked and Jordon's BYU hat, and voila: our pumpkin was born, we carved a BYU football pumpkin.
The activity was a Western themed Dutch Oven Dinner. It was yummy and the company was great.
Jordon had yet another chemo appointment this past Friday. We got the hospital a little early, and we were excited to think we might leave early. This was NOT the case. Jordon's little veins were not cooperating. The nurse would get the IV needle in, and then it would rupture. 4 sticks and 3 nurses later, they were able to finally get an IV that would work. Friday's appointment was just the Avastin. They also gave Jordon Zofran to help with nausea, Ativan to help with nausea and to relax, and they added a dose of Benadryl to help with the allergic reactions Jordon was having with the Avastin (he would get itchy after his Avastin treatments). Even though the IV was only going for a half hour, Jordon was knocked out. Typically Jordon is in the transfusion room with the comfy chairs, but they were soooo busy that they had to take Jordon back to the 'suite' room (a private room complete with a bed and chair).
Other than that, we have just been packing. We are down to 1 WEEK!!!! Wow, time sure does fly. We have almost everything packed, now we are just antsy and ready to move. :) We love you all and will keep you posted.
2 comments:
Good luck with the move! I hope you love the new place!!
And that cabin looked AWESOME. SO romantic! I love lazy mornings and don't get them near enough!
Awesome pumpkin!! Love you both!
Post a Comment