Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Nice Walk and Speech Therapy

Last week, Jordon and I went for a walk around the Jordan River Temple. The flowers were beautiful. That is our favorite place to go for walks because it so peaceful. I guess we have a flower fetish, as you can tell from the slide show.



Yesterday Jordon had his final speech therapy appointment. He hadn't met with Lisa (his therapist) for a month and a half and he was excited to show off his progress. Jordon really has come a long way in 8 months. It is amazing. Lisa was bummed about the Grand Mal seizure (it kind of set him back a little with his speech and word finding) but he still is doing great. Lisa also gave Jordon the okay to start one easy class at the community college when he can get enrolled. She said he shouldn't do more than one because that would be overwhelming on his system. Jordon is excited to get the process going!

We also FINALLY heard from Dr. Glantz. He called to check and see how Jordon was doing since his grand mal. He also told us that Medicaid still won't approve the Avastin, so it is another appeals process. We meet with Dr. Glantz on Tuesday. We will let you know what we find out!

5 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Such pretty photos! I love the temple grounds, they're always so gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry medicaid is being stupid. But I'm glad everything else seems to be doing well.

Morgan Family said...

I love your pictures. Walking at the temple is such a fun thing to do. I am glad to hear things are going well so far. Hopefully medicaid will stop being so dumb and approve the chemo treatment. We love you both!

Candace and Brian said...

I love flowers too. Glad to know you guys are getting out and things are progressing. Sorry to hear about Medicaid. Red tape is so frustrating. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary. You're always in our thoughts!

3 Docs and A Diva said...

We too are sorry medicaid hasn't given the o'kay. Continue to trust in Heavenly Father and we are praying all will be alright. Congratulations on your anniversary! Ypour walk and the flowers were beautiful. Love you both,
Vern & Cheryl