WHAT Waiting CAN do to you! (Make you crazy)!
Well, today Jordan had his doctor's appointment. Dr. Glantz said Jordon looks really good, but he was concerned with how Jordon handled his chemotherapy pills. Only a very small fraction of patients on similar medication have a recation, and on Friday, they are going to test Jordon's blood to find out if has the same characteristics as those who can't handle the chemo pill.
Jordon's doctor decided to swith all of Jordon's chemotherapy to the IV form, as well as the anti-nausea. He starts of Friday. He will start the poison (BCNU) on Friday, and hopefull by the next session, Medicaid will have approved the Avastin (antibody) and from then on he will get anti-nausea, Avastin, and BCNU through his IV. For the first few months Jordon will have treatments once every two weeks. He won't have to be admitted to the hospital, but he will have to have all of his treatments at the hospital. For now they are just going to put in an IV, but down the road, they may end up putting in a port or a pic line (a permanant IV line).
the ROOM....
Dr. Glantz also showed us Jordon's old MRI and MRS scans and talked about them. He said that there was a lot of necrosis, or dead cells in his brain. He also reaffirmed that there was a little bit of tumor left. Jordon will have an MRI on Friday before his treatments so we can really get a feel for Jordon's progress to this point. It will also help us better measure how the new treatments are working. That's the appointment update in a Nutshell. I guess we will give you an update on Friday after Jordon's first treatment.
The Chair...Jordon still hasn't had to sit in it. We always just sit on the bench.
UM...I have an idea! Let's make a run for it and get out while we still can!
7 comments:
Of course your both in my prayers. I hope everything goes well.
LoL I love your first and last photos. I think they both sum up ANY doctor's appointment!
Those are some fun pics of you Wendi! I am glad things are going well so far. I can't wait to hear how it goes. We need to get together again soon. It was fun playing the Wii with you both!
Love the pictures!
You are both so dang cute! I am glad you can have fun and still smile. The pictures are great! It's not everyday that doctors decide first to poison their patients and then give them the good medicine. Oh, the delights of cancer;[ Keep the smiles on and we will keep up the prayers.
Lots of Hugs,
Cheryl
Jordon looks really good! Don't you just hate the drs. scene though? Our prayers are constantly with you. Keep us posted.
You are looking super pretty Wendi. Good luck with all these treatments. I'm curious to see what you think of the iv one. Loves.
Post a Comment