Sunday, August 31, 2008

Horseback Riding and Family Dinners

Last Thursday, we got together with Jordon's family for dinner. It was great to see Ryan, Sharida, Hunter, Jacob, Stephanie, Austin, and Rosalie. Jordon also was happy to get out and have fun before his chemotherapy on Friday.

Hunter and Ryan having fun!

Oh, too cute!!

Jordon and Austin having fun!



Well, as you can see, we finally did it. We got Jordon back on a horse. He enrolled in a therapeutic riding program in Tooele called Healing Horses. It is a really neat program. They work with disabled children, people who have had traumatic brain injuries, surgeries, or behavorial or self esteem problems. They had one little girl trying to stand on a horse as the horse walked to help boost her self esteem. It was pretty cool.

We were able to get Jordon on a horse before his chemo treatments. For the next few weeks, he has appointments to go every Wednesday night. He wasn't able to go this past Wednesday because his chemo wore him out. He seems to be handling his chemo well. We have to continue to watch for side affects, but all in all, he is chipper and happy. :)



This beautiful chica is my younger sister. She and my dad have great faces huh? LOL. She is heading back to college on Monday, so we had a family dinner to say goodbye. I have to tell you, it is great getting together with family. There is never a dull moment.

Oh, my twin Laurel, and her little boy.

I think I have a nack for taking pictures of people when they aren't ready. Sorry Goffrey! :)

Oh, and isn't our neice Mac adorable!

9 comments:

masonmadness said...

I agree. There is nothing better then getting together with family. I live here with all my family and it's still a treat for me. That horse back program sounds really cool. I'm glad Jordan gets to participate in it. It will be really good for him. I'm also glad Chemo is going better. We love you guys!

*Aliese* said...

So jealous about the horseback riding! That's one of my favorite things to do. What a neat program.

Becky said...

Family really is the best. The horseback riding looks really neat.

Candace and Brian said...

What a fun week you had. I am so glad Jordon was finally able to get on a horse. What a neat program. Glad to hear Chemo is going better. We think of you constantly. Love ya!

Briana said...

I am so excited that Jordon finally got to go horse back riding. Looks like so much fun with the family. Family is the best!! Love you both!

Morgan Family said...

It has been so nice to see you both! I am glad that Jordon is able to get back on a horse again. I know how much he loves that.

3 Docs and A Diva said...

Yours is one of the best families ~ever! We are so grateful your dad could help with the technical problems at our home last week. Love and best wishes to all!
Cheryl

3 Docs and A Diva said...

We are so pleased that Jordon was able to get back on a horse and ride again! You looked handsome and even taller:)
We Hope the Chemo goes way better this time. We love you both!
Vern and Cheryl

Kim said...

Loks like good ole' therapudic fun. Glad you're back on a horse Jordon. I have a freind who ran a program like this. It's Awesome.

Also, glad you got together with families. You're right about the never a dull moment thing. That's just one of the reasons we Love you all so Much!