Monday, March 31, 2008

FINISHED! COMPLETE! DONE! OVER! ENDED! THROUGH! NO MORE!!!

“To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping” and stepping is exactly what Jordon did. These past 7 weeks have been long, but Jordon has taken it in stride, and he did it while smiling all the while (okay, almost all the while). He truly is an amazing example to me. He had done an amazing job keeping up a wonderful attitude despite the circumstances.

Today was bittersweet for radiation. We had to say goodbye to the friends we have made, and the "radiatio family" that we became a part of. They all said they would miss Jordon, his teasing, and his country music requests. They also said they would miss listening to the banter between Jordon and I. I guess our playful conversations were amusing and helped the boring hours go by.

They sent Jordon home with a funny looking waffle mask and a certificate of completion for is Radiation "course". Hmmm, I wonder how that would look on a resume (J/K). We are going to frame the certificate though and hang it up, becuase it truly is an accomplishment. I will try and convince Jordon to let me take a picture of the mask and post it. It is kind of scary looking (and reminds me of the famous painting "The Scream"). I guess Jordon will be ready for Halloween this year! :o)


We wanted to thank you to all for your love and support, the kindness and the prayers. Jordon meets with the oncologist again on the 21st for his post-radiation checkup. He will have an MRI to check what is going on his brain (I could insert a lot of funny quibs here, but I love him so I won't). We will also plan the remainder of his chemotherapy treatments and plan out the next year. Thank you again for your love!!!!

PS: We went to Jordon's step-sister's baby's blessing, Kabree Anne Duncan, she is a cutie!!!

3 comments:

Briana said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys and that is all finished! We love you guys and are proud of how well you are doing with everything and your positive attitude. You two amaze me and we love you so much! I really want a picture with Jordon wearing the mask though :)

Candace and Brian said...

YEAH! It is over-well at least the big part of it. I am so glad that everything went well. We can't wait to hear how everything is going.

masonmadness said...

I'm so happy for you guys! That has got to be such a huge weight off your shoulders! I'm sure you guys were a great inspiration to those around you and you will be missed! I know that just reading your blog updates makes me happy so I can only imagine what you did for those you were around. Keep us posted on how things are still going and hopefully you can get a picture of Jordan in the mask. I would love to see it! Take care and have a great night!