Today was a very busy day up on the hill. We met with several of Jordon's doctors: the oncologists, radiologists, neurologists, and all of the other specialists that have ologist at the end of the name. We first were at the Hunstman Institute then we had to make our way back to the University clinics.
Enroute Jordon suffered from a seizure which was scary. Apparently Jordon overdid in on the stairs and it sparked his seizure. We were trying to navigate the maze of corridors that connects all the hospitals, and we were in some quiet dark little nook when Jordon had his seizure. Fortunaltely it wasn't a full blown seizure. I left Jordon in a chair in hopes to find some help and a wheelchair (Jordon was feeling so well we didn't think he needed his rental so we left it in the car). I wasn't able to find anyone, and I prayed that someone would come. While I was looking for some help, the nurse practitioner who removed Jordon's staples stumbled across Jordon and we were able to get a wheelchair for him. There weren't any major side affects, Jordon was just extremely tired.
By the time Jordon was wheeled to the Neurological clinic to meet with his Neurologist and Neurosurgeon. Dr. Fults, the neurosurgeon said that Jordon was doing amazing. He also answered a few of our questions. He went into great depth about Jordon's tumor. He said that there was evidence that Jordon had the tumor since birth (no new information) but my question was if the tumor was cancerous since birth. Dr. Fults explained that tumors were graded on how fast they grow, or how fast teh cells divide. Jordon's was a slow growing tumor for most of his life, but as most tumors do, Jordon's tumor cells began dividing faster. His tumor was on the verge of transitioning for a grade 2 tumor, to a grade 3 tumor. He is very hopeful that with treatment, Jordon should be fine.
After the meetings in the U hospital, we made our way back through the maze to the Huntsman and Jordon's radiation treatment. He had a slight headache after, but overall, he did great. After treatments, Jordon came home and napped, and that in a nut shell, was our day.
As a quick side note, I know the effect the prayers had in Jordon's recovery, and now we ask for continued prayers as Jordon begings his treatment, but we also ask for prayers that Medicaid will come through. At this point we are paying for Jordon's chemotherapy treatments out of pocket. It is $1,000 a week (the 25% downpayment) which adds up very very fast. Thank you for your prayers and support!!!! We love you all!!!!
4 comments:
I am sorry to hear that Jordon had another seizure. I want you to know we haven't quit praying for you. When do you hear back about medicaid? We love you both.
Wendi. We promise to never quit praying. We pray for your situation daily and hope all will work out. We love you both. Keep your chins up.
Our prayers are always with you. I'm so sorry that Jordon had another seizure. We think of all you are going through each and every day. I guess I don't understand why you they are making you pay for the chemo. Where is that kind of money coming from? Bless your hearts! Did you move back into your own apartment?
I find it interesting that the tumor was there since birth! Do you know if that's how most brain tumors are?
Post a Comment