This morning Jordon was sleepy, but they still got him up and out of bed. In is too short wheelchair, Jordon and I were given a tour of the rehab facilities. I will include pictures later. The staff is wonderful! The physical therapist even had Jordon wiggling his right toes ON HIS OWN, no more tickle torture! Jordon's right arm and shoulder still don't move, but that will come with time. Now that he is in therapy, he will have staff assisted therapy (Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy) with short rests in between and I get to help him with excersises in between the therapy sesssions! AHHH, you gotta love progress and hard work.

Jordon is getting thinner by the day though, and he really doesn't have anything to lose. With Jordon's short hair and bones sticking out, and and sunken in eyes, we kind of decided at moments he looks like a holocaust victim. But no wories. He will fill out and gain a little more weight when he starts eating REAL food again (not hospital food, and especially not the pureed diet). :o). On to speech therapy now. I will post again later!

1 comment:
Wendi I am so glad that you are posting these. Thanks for keeping us updated. I am glad he is making some progress. You are an amazing person and he is so blessed to have you by his side right now. We are glad you are part of the family. We love you both. Our prayers are with you. Give Jordon a big hug from us.
Post a Comment