Saturday, January 5, 2008

Amazing Progress!!!

I can't believe how much progress Jordon made in an hour. After Physical Therapy this morning he slept and DID NOT want to wake up, or to have anyone wake him up. But with our persistance and the nurse's help, we got a sleepy Jordon out of bed and into the wheelchair again. Just in time for Speech Therapy (she had to reschedule from this morning because Jordon just would not wake up). The therapy session today was just an assessment and Jordon did amazing. He was able to follow some of the commands, answered many of the questions right, was able to point out the correct letters, numbers, and shapes. He got EVERY SINGLE color right!!!! Snaps for Jordon. The therapist also had him talking. He was able to repeat most of the words, and stumbled a bit when he was supposed to answer a question on his own, but overall he did great. I was impressed and the therapist was impressed.


Therapy really wore Jordon out, but when he got back, he said his mom's name and Stephanie and Chelsea's name. It took a little work getting Chelsea's name out. Sometimes Jordon gets stuck on a word and keeps giving as the answer to all questions (in therapy it was the word pencil, with name's it was Stephanies). He loved having his visitors though.


My most favorite things of the day: Jordon got a shower (He hasn't had a real shower since Christmas Day) and he is finally sleeping soundly. He was in a LOT of pain yesterday and didn't sleep well, but tonight he is finally sleeping peacefully. It is such a relief to see him sleeping like a baby.

2 comments:

Nate Dog said...

Hi Jordan and Wendy, this is Jordans buddy Nate. Thanks for getting me the site for the blog, I read through everything you posted so far, jordan is very lucky and blessed to have you. Thanks for putting up the pics and information for those of us who cant make it down there yet, I am really impressed with the progress he is making, he always was a fighter, he never gave up at anything he did and he inspired many with his big heart and charitable spirit. I know if anybody can overcome this, it is jordan, were buddies 4 life, hang in there man and you to wendy, we will keep on prayin for ya. Nate long and Mauri.

masonmadness said...

I'm so glad that he is finally getting some good sleep. There is nothing worse then a hospital bed! I'm also glad he is making progress. Tell him to keep up the good work!