I wanted to clarify a little more on my little soap box from last night. Yesterday, while Jordon was in therapy, another patient in the rehab room really started frustrating me. He had vulger language and was quite rude. I was less than Christ-like and began to judge this patient, and then it hit me, and hit me hard that I didn't know what this person was going through. This poor patient was probably in a lot of pain, they didn't have the love and support from family members, and probably needed a good friend.
I was ashamed at my thoughts and actions, and this incident propelled my thoughts throughout the day yesterday. Instead of judging the patient, I should have said a kind word, or smiled at him. I thought of my own imperfections and decided I did not want others to see my only as imperfect, but I wanted them to see me at my best, the way Heavenly Father knows we can be. I challenged myself to be better, to try and understand others and their circumstances, and thought I would exten the challenge to others. I know that I like learning from other's growth opportunities, and I want to thank those who share their experiences with me, thank you extending wisdom and isnights that help me to grow. And again, I want to say thank you with deep and sincere gratitude for all the love and prayers, patience and kindness that has been extended since this began. It is your love and support and prayers that have helped me get through some of the very difficult times that past month. So again thank you, and thank you for letting me share my insights and imperfections with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment