Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Discharge Day!!!!

Jordon is home, and boy it sure is nice, and Jordon is super happy too. He had a busy day. It took about 4 hours to get Jordon ready to be discharged, papers to sign prescriptions to fill, instructions to listen too. Jordon left in style too, eating a grilled cheese sandwich and wearing a BYU-Idaho t-shirt (a bold thing to do on the U of U campus!!!)

The journey home from the hosptial was pretty crazy too. The weather was not very cooperative. It would snow hard for a few minutes, then blue skies, then snow again. We passed about 20 car accidents on the way home!!!

We made it home just in time for the first session of Jordon's in home therpay. The nurse/therapist did an evaluation, had Jordon fill out a ton of paperwork, and answered all the questions we had. She also drover the oddest card, bright key lime green something (she had a scarf that matched the color of the car too!) Then Jordon had another session with the physical therapist. Marilyn, the therapist is very nice, and feisty for an older lady, who did a physical therapy evaluation on Jordon. She was impressed with Jordon's progress, but he still has a long way to go.

Jordon is truly being blessed, and his recovery has been miraculous, but he is not out of the woods yet. It will be a tough struggle to get him back into shape and strong enough for radiation that he will undergo in about three months. Then it will be another struggle during and after radiation. It is most likely Jordon will have to undergo more therapy after radiation because it can cause Jordon's physical and verbal skills to relapse. We will pray that that does not happen, but if it does, we can handle it, as long as we continue to trust in the Lord.

I apologize for not including pictures, but my phone broke, so no camera phone means no camera pictures. I will try to get it fixed though because pictures are definitely worth a thousand words.

I would also again like to say thank you for the many prayers on our behalf. Thank you also for the uplifting and encouraging comments so many of you have left. They have brough smiles to Jordon face many times, so thank you! Well good night to all, since I don't have to go to the hospital early in the morning, I AM SLEEPING IN!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!

3 comments:

Briana said...

Yeah!!!!! You guys are home. There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed. Our prayers are still with you and so proud of Jordon for how well he is doing. Tell him to keep up the good work. Love you.

Linda Mott said...

Congratulations on being home! We are so happy that he is there. Thanks for the update.

Kent and Jenny said...

Hooray! I am so glad that the two of you are finally home! I bet that feels so good. I just want the two of you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday and that I wish you the best! You CAN do it Jordon!