I seriously can't believe how fast time flies! We have been keeping very busy! So here I sit at yet another of Jordon's chemo appointments, and I finally have time to update the blog. Jordon is out cold right now. He always gets "snowed" when he gets chemo because Jordon has a slight allergic reaction.
Well, let's see, where to start. So much has been going on. Last month, Jordon got to ride up Provo Canyon with his therapeutic riding group "Courage Reins". I can't believe how gorgeous the fall leaves were!!!! The pictures just don't do it justice. I mean, the view of the canyon just as the sun was rising was breathtaking!!! I posted several pictures from his ride.
I have to tell you, Courage Reins is seriously the best organization in the world. They have been so good to Jordon, and riding has been so good FOR Jordon. If you know anyone that needs therapeutic riding, contact them because they are amazing and they work with all age groups and all levels of riding. If you ever need a place to volunteer, they are great for that too. If you ever need to a charity to work with for a work fundraiser or something, I am telling you, Courage Reins is simply amazing. Jordon handles his chemo better because he is riding, he is more condfident, and so much more. I can't say enough good things!
Other going's on included a fantastic spontaneous family get together. Pictures are also included. My beautiful grandmother is the cause for this spontaneous family "reunion" and we LOVED it. I think we should have family get together more often. It is great to see what is going on with everyone and to see how fast all the little ones are growing.
Um, lets see, what else has been going on. Oh, I think I totally forgot to post how Jordon's last MRI went. The MRI showed that his tumor is still stable. No change, so happy day for that. Eventually this chemo will starve the tumor of enough blood that it will shrink. I say WILL because we know this is going to work, it just takes time. Jordon still has bi-weekly appointments scheduled to the end of the year, so the end is not in site for the chemo, but we aren't going to complain. We are just so humbly grateful that the tumor is not growing.
Speaking of blessings. Can I just once again express my gratitude for the tender mercies of the Lord. I thoroughly enjoyed conference. I am grateful for the immense love I felt from each person speaking during conference. I am grateful for the gentle whisperings of the spirit confirming that Heavenly Father loves me and he knows what we are going through. He knows the end from the beginning and he knows what Jordon and I can and can't handle. He is truly carrying us through are trials. He has taken our burdens and made them lighter.
Right now, as I type, I am watching my sweet, gentle giant of a husband sleep, and I can't help but again express gratitude that I married such an amazing man. He has such a wonderful attitude about what he is going through. I love watching as he lifts and buoys other patients here at Huntsman. I love watching as my sweet husband shares his testimony through his actions and words. Sweetie, when you read this, know just how much I LOVE YOU!
Well, I have so much more to post, but Jordon is done with his chemo and I have to try and get my sweet sleeping giant into a wheelchair and out to the car. So I will sign off until tomorrow. I promise I will finish tomorrow!!!


4 comments:
So glad things are gong well. We think of you often. The pics were gorgeous. You are so lucky to live out there in that beautiful country!
Wow! Incredible pics!
It was fun to read through some of your posts today. The pics were amazing. Seeing family really makes me miss everyone. I wish we were closer so "catching up" didn't always happen through a computer monitor. But I am grateful for it! We love you guys and we think of very often.
I love the canyon in the fall. You guys are amazing and we think of you often! Love you tons!
Post a Comment