My testimony of prayer has been strengthened once again. Jordon finished his first cycle on this new chemotherapy, so the doctor had him get an MRI to measure progress. Jordon's scans looked great. Doctor Glantz was estatic!!!! So were we. The tumor and trouble spots are a lot smaller than they were, and in some cases, they are completely gone. All throughout the appointment with Doctor Glantz, the doctor just kept grinning and kept saying, "I just want to emphasize how happy I am about those scans". Jordon is doing well, although Dr. Glantz doesn't know what is causing hte popping at the top of his skull. He will talk to Jordon's neurosurgeon to see if he might know.
We are halfway through our day. Jordon still has 5 different infusions left today: Ativan, Zofran, Benadryl, Avastin, and BCNU, so we still have a good 5-6 hours left, but we are soooooo happy, we don't care! Thank you again for your love, support, and continuous prayers and faith. I know that is why Jordon is doing so well. Thank you for being part of a miracle!!! We love you all!!!!
...The second half of the day: Chemotherapy RollerCoaster
Jordon and I were so excited to hear how well the chemo is working. We had a break after the Dr. Appointment before his chemo infusion appointment while they drew Jordon's blood. We had to wait for Jordon's CBC (complete blood count) results to come back.
When we finally got the CBC results, we were told they might not be able to give Jordon his chemo because his white blood count was so low: 1.01. They debated and finally decided to give Jordon the chemo, but now he has to go in for a shot that turns his bones into hyperdrive so it will create more white blood cells. Fortunately Jordon's stomach has been handling this chemo better (he isn't experiencing the nausea), but his blood has been having a hard time keeping up. His counts are always so low, a small price to pay for success and health. We will just have to keep Jordon away for anyone sick.
We are very lucky to have some really great infusion nurses. They have great sense of humors and they try their hardest to make each patient comfortable. At one point, Jordon had about 6 nurses around him while they tried to fix the burning in his arm (caused by the BCNU). They were all discussing the best way to make Jordon comfortable, and I joked that Jordon just wanted to attention. :) LOL. Jordon was the last patient to leave. We were there so late, the cleaning crews had finished most of their cleaning and they were just waiting to tidy up where Jordon was. Luckily the late night appointments are only 1 every 6 weeks. Well, I think that finally wraps up the day yesterday. Oh one more thing, we saw Larry H. Miller at the HCI (Huntsman Cancer Institute). It was funny because one man got so excited when he saw him. Anyway. We love you all! Have a great day!
10 comments:
YAY! I was thinking about you guys just yesterday; I'm so glad things are going better for Jordon.
That is so awesome. The Lord has ways of sending us those little miracles that remind us that he has our backs. I love it.
YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!
Yay! That's wonderful! does the Zofran help him? Does Medicaid pay for that, it's expensive.
What wonderful news! I'm so truley so so so happy for you guys! Hope things continue to go great! Be sure and keep us posted!
Hooray for miracles! I am so glad that Jordon is doing better. I hope to see you this weekend! I love you both~
I'm so happy for you guys! Prayer is amazing and the Lord really does take care of us! It was great to see you last weekend! You both look great!
I'm happy to hear the good news. I hope it just keeps rolling in.
Congratulations, I am so excited for your good news. We love you and you are constantly in our prayers.
Good Luck on the move. We are glad thing are going better with this chemo. I love that Heavenly Father is watching over us and as trina said He has our backs.
Love you both, Cheryl
Post a Comment