Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Well, it is another SNOWY, yes and I said Snowy day here is West Jordan. It is May 1, and it is snowing! But that is okay because it doesn't last. The sun will come and warm things up. Well, Jordon and I are doing great. Jordon starts chemotherapy tonight which he is NOT happy about. But it okay because it's only 5 days, and then he has 23 days off. His hair is starting to come back a little, although he has lost most of his left eyebrow. It looks a little funny, but kind of cute too!!! Jordon’s seizures also seem to be under control, and as long as he doesn’t overdo it (too much physical activity), they will stay under control.

I have had a lot of e-mails from people saying I needed to start including updates about me and not just Jordon. I guess it’s just easier to talk about Jordon (I don’t like to talk about myself). Well, here is an update on me. Life is busy but good. I love my job. I work for a small computer training company in Murray called The MindCenter. It is a wonderful company (I love the people I work with) and we are the busiest we have ever been!!! Although, we would love even more business (like all companies).

When I am not at work, I am at home enjoying life with Jordon. We go for Wal-Mart walks. When the weather warms up a little, we will walk outside more. We have to be careful with Jordon’s head and exposure to cold/heat, etc… We also read, and enjoy one another’s company. I am also working on crocheting several baby blankets, and I love creating digital scrapbook pages.

The other day I was talking with a friend and she asked if this is what I imagined what my life would be like and if things were going like I planned. I thought about her question and here are my answers: No, I never imagined my life would be so full of adventures and learning opportunities. I knew it would be hard, I just never realized how hard it can be at times. I do not have the job that I imagined I would have when I was younger (a doctor), and I honestly never thought I would get married. I hoped that I would get married someday, but deep down, I had a notion that I would be like Sheri Dew, a single business woman that spoiled the nieces and nephews.

AND THEN… life happened. Instead of getting a degree in medicine, I earned a teaching degree. Through more than serendipitous means, I met, fell in love with, and married my wonderful prince charming. Instead of a quiet first year of marriage (getting to know each other, romance, and working on differences), it has been a roller coaster of emotions, medical events, and major changes that have brought Jordon and I closer than I ever thought possible during our first year.
With all that has happened, I can’t help but think of a quote I heard from President Hinckley about life, “Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around and shouting that he has been robbed. The fact of the matter is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey...delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

I am incredibly grateful for the “ride”. I know the Lord is doing what is best. His hand is in our lives. He does not just send us to earth and say “good luck, you are on your own”. I know he has led me and guided me to places and people that helped me in my eternal progression. I also know he puts people in our lives as answers to prayers. For example: Right after Jordon and I got engaged, I was living and working in Reno, NV. As I wrapped up things in Reno, I was looking for a job in Utah and I sent my resume and applied for over 70 jobs. I had looked online at 3 different job sites, and the same ad kept coming up, one that I was going to ignore, but on a whim decided to apply for. In the end, I received 1 response from a small little company ( one that I was going to ignore), the company that I work for now: The MindCenter. In hindsight, this is exactly where I needed to be. My boss has been incredibly understanding with Jordon’s situation. They work with me when I need time off for his appointments, and they genuinely care. I doubt any other company would have done the many kind things they have done. Anyway, enough of this blog post. It is turning into a novel. To sum it all up: Jordon and I are doing well. Life is good. It is hard, but it is wonderful. The Lord is watching over us and blessing us (especially through our wonderful families and extended families), and we hope that someday we can return the acts of kindness. We love you all!!!

4 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I didn't know you had a teaching degree! That's fantastic. Is it elementary, secondary, early childhood, etc? Have you taught anything anywhere yet? That's so interesting; I had no idea.

Morgan Family said...

Wendi it was great to hear about you. You should do it more often. ;) I am glad that you both are doing well. We are so grateful to have such a wonderful sister! We love you!

Briana said...

Wendi thanks for sharing all of that. You are an amazing woman and we are glad you are in the family. We love you and think about you often.

Candace and Brian said...

WOW! That was all written so beautifully. You really amaze me and really ehlp me keep things in perspective. Thank you for being you and joining our crazy family. It is interesting how God takes us on our "rides" but it is always for the good. Love ya!